We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Vinyl Soft Kanegon T-shirt BEAMS Ultraman JAPAN New Japan Limited Hobby 17540whei5447-New toy
- 12 inches figures Marx toys Jed Gibson grey with accesories and weapons
- Cu-Poche Puella Reyes Magos Madoka Magica Kyoko Sakura Figura Kotobukiya Nuevo
- FUNKO POP CULTURE HUNGER GAMES KATNISS WEDDING DRESS VINYL FIGURE NEW
- KING & COUNTRY-agente di polizia militare motociclista Britannico,Normandie 1944
- NBA Forever Collection Legends of the Court Limited Edition O'neal and Wade
- New Kamen Rider Kabuto Henshin Belt DX Dark Kabuto injector over
- SHINING RESONANCE - Kirika Towa Alma 1 8 Pvc Figure Kotobukiya
- Av17-2 x herpa H0 vitrina para Camiones BEAU + FAX +BITBURGER+nordfrost
- Vintage Hubley Kiddie Toy Airplane P-38 Lightning Model 881
- TOYBIZ X-MEN UNCANNY X-MEN X-FORCE 6 FIGURE LOT BEAST PROFESSOR X LONGSHOT B136
- Nikitin N10 Matrici. Logo Lernspiel Verlag. Shipping Included
- Hasbro 62173 My Little Pony Crystal Princess Breezies Parade W Fluffaluff,
- VINTAGE Mattel THE LION KING Action Figure COMPLETE SET 6 NIP Battle,Fighting
- Vintage Handmade US Army Military Carved Wooden Toy Model Jeep Called Mary
- Ultraman Hikaru Naru color Timer 2
- LEGO 4841 Hogwarts Express New Sealed Retired 2010 Harry Potter Near Mint
- Figure SAO Sword Art Online Game Project 5th Anniversary Part1 A Award Sinon SB
- Gemini Jets 1 400 British Airways AIRBUS A321 G-EUXE GJBAW1390
- Award Winner Scratch Built 1 35 AFV Model Grass Leaves Diorama Base Platform
- 1998 MIB MOSC MOC GI JOE ACTION TEAM MAN HASBRO EXTREME RAFT KIT
- DC Comics Batgirl Ame-Comi Premium Motion Statue Limited Edition
- HOBBY MASTER 1 48 FW-190A-4 WHITE 8 1.STAFFEL L. GRUPPE JG.54 EASTERN FRONT 1943
- Tamiya 24345 Mercedes AMG GT3 1 24 Car Model Kit
- Dragonball Z Dbz Ccg Score Super Saiyan Gohan IR Irwin Toys Promo Rare
- Figma Statuetta 43182-98371 Xenosaga Episodeiii Zarathustra Colloqui About da
- JOY TOY Russian North Africa Corps Leonard 1 18 Scale Action Figure
- METAL ROBOT soul Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY [SIDE MS] Strike Freedom G
- RD-02 Transformers Movie Transformers Revenge Star Scream by Unbekannt by Takara
- ROBOT soul SIDE MS Mobile Suit Gundam Z-MSV cancer Cannon Detector Height a
- Thomas Gunn Napoleonic de Rusia NAP024A 4 de Rusia Pavlovski Granaderos Set MIB
- Marusan Marugala Godzilla Hedora Toho Kaiju Encyclopedia 60mm
- Mercedes - Benz AROCS 42043 100% LEGO TECHNIC Compatibile 2793 pezzi NUOVO
- Paradcar plus 126 Peugeot 406 Police Geneve 1 43 New in Box Boxed Mint Rare
- Used In Box WAVE 1 10 IS Infinite Stratos Houki Shinonono Figure Anime Authentic
- LEGO City Prison Island 60130 - retired
- Hasbro 1986 My little pony G1 Vinage Hollywood Flutter Pony Mail order Only
- Gemini Jets 1 200 Scale Westjet Boeing 767-300ER C-FOGJ G2WJA576
- 40229 super Schtroumpf schtroumpfette piano smurf pitufo puffo puffi rarissime
- DC Super Powers Flash Jumbo Action Figure 12” GENTLE GIANT STUDIOS
- GI Joe AT Long Range Recon Short Brown Boots Clean 1975 Hasbro
- Legend of the five rings l5r x3 Core And First 6 Expansions
- Award Winner Built Meng 1 35 Renault FT-17 x2 Comnination +PE +Interior
- Scars Of Mirrodin Booster Box Sealed mtg Magic The Gathering
- NEW KOTOBUKIYA 1 100 SUPER ROBOT WAR PTX-003C ALTEISEN Plastic JAPAN F S JJ350
- MtG Spectral Chaos PLAYTEST CARD on 4th Fourth Edition Scathe Zombies misprint
- IB Logo
- Captain Action Ideal 1967 Boxed LID ONLY Parachute Set Original
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.