We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Woodland RARE Toy Scale 1 AOR 6 Set Uniform DEGRU Camo 17540dzaf8867-Military & Adventure
- 1992 GI Joe Battle Corps Crimson Guard Commander
- Dc collectibles greg capullo batman and super villain joker action figures
- G.I. Joe ARAH Snake Eyes Bubble Coming loose 1990
- Kotobukiya Also My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong. Continued Yuigahamacool Japan
- Nendgoldid Hatsune Miku RQ Ver.
- New Transformers Generations Titans Return DOOMSHOT & MEGATRON Triple Changer
- Soldat de plomb 80mm - British officer (king's own) line infantry regiment 1815
- Lot Of Approx 500 MTG Rares, Uncommons, Commons, and Lands Magic Cards
- 1x Alara Reborn Impulsor Caja Nuevo Impulsor Cajas - MTG
- Transformers X-Transbots MX-14 Filpout Alloy Edition G1 WILDRIDER
- LEGO Space Galaxy Squad 70707 - CLS-89 Eradicator Mech - 100% COMPLETE
- LEGO Racers 8199 Security Smash
- LOT OF 8 Shopkins Cutie Cars 03 04 08 10 12 16 17 20 BRAND NEW SEALED
- ANTIGUO AJEDREZ DE VIAJE, S XIX
- THOMAS & FRIENDS REAL WOOD RAILWAY SLOT & BUILD CREATIVE MULTIPLE JUNCTION
- Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Battle Dimension Electronic Pokeball
- New In Box Genco Queen's Blade Beautiful fighters Alleyne 1 6 Scale figure
- KOMPLETT SATZ OF 88 TRADING KARTEN BATMAN RETURNS 1992 DC MINT (29)
- 3 X YU-GI-OH XX-SABER EMMERSBLADE 1ST ED SECRET RARE NM LP ABPF-EN081
- Acid Rain 3.75 Figure Ori Toy Space Prisoner NEW
- DEADBEET GUMMY YELLOW KAIJU VINYL ART SOFUBI FIGURE 30 Made Scott Tolleson RARE
- Hobby Master 1042 F-104D Starfighter ROCAF Taiwan 1 72 Scale Diecast Model
- Verlinden Built 150mm Dungeon Master Dragor Fantasy Original Display VPB716
- Magic 2014 M14 Booster Box (ENGLISH) FACTORY SEALED BRAND NEW MAGIC ABUGames
- FATE PredECTEUR NIGHT SABER ALTRIA PENDRAGON 25 CM-KIMONO ROBE VUE. LED EPÉE
- Iron Legion Poseable Figure from The Avengers Age Of Ultron MMS299
- Medicom 12 RAH Masker Kamen Rider 1 Ultimate Ver Brand New
- PRETERNIA DISGUISE HE MAN Motu Classics MOTUC Maîtres de l'univers Musclor
- HELJAN BR RAILFREIGHT CLASS 58037 (LINESIDE WEATHERED) BOXED
- Ufc Round 5 Figure Antonio Nogueira
- Hottoys Film Masterpiece Iron Man Mark 7 Stealth Mode Ver Mms282
- Authenticated TY Beanie Baby - ALLY the Alligator 2nd Gen Hang Tag - MWNMTs)
- Medicom Toy Gwenpool Muffex No.071
- Damaged Sealed Pkg KRE-O Transformers DESTRUCTION SITE DEVASTATOR 36951 560 pc
- LEGO Batman of Zur-En-Arrh, SDCC 2014 EXCLUSIVE minifigure
- Batmobile Classic TV Series bonus batman&robin action figure's 2013 collector
- MTG magic Luna insanguinata - Blood moon 1995 ITA nearmint
- 2008 DC Comics BATMAN 11 Figure STEALTH SIGNAL - Electronic - MISB Rare
- DC Comics Superman MicroVerse Metropolis Micro Playset Complete 1996
- GARGANTIA - Amy Nendgoldid Action-Figur Good Smile Company
- 47CM 1 150 KOREAN AIR BOEING 747-400 Passenger Airplane Landing gear Resin Model
- 1958 Oldsmobile 98 4DR HT Friction JoHan Dealer Promo
- Slipstream Transformers SDCC Gencon Exclusive Promo TCG Card
- Hasegawa JT01 P-38J LIGHTNING VIRGINIA MARIE 1 48 Scale Kit
- Aeroclassics 1 400 Australian Boeing 767-300 World Expo Japan 2005 VH-OGK
- IB Logo
- 1992 Heli Vipers - 100% complete (vintage Hasbro GI Joe figure) w Filecard
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.