We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Exorcist bluee Rin PVC import japan Figure G.E.M. Okumura 17540whei1727-Anime & Manga
- 1986 86 GI G.I. Joe Dreadnok Buzzer mint on card MOC Japan Japanese Takara
- Dazzling Toys 135 Pcs Amusement Park Colourful 2 Figures Assemble Playground Set
- Funko Transformers Metallic Optimus Prime
- KLG X Wave Combat Panda Solider Animals Model PVC Figure New
- Nendgoldid 814 NEW GAME Hifumi Takimoto Figure NEW from Japan
- New Schleich Wild Life Watering Hole Set Exclusive Zebra Hand Painted Edu Game
- Skytube Cómic Aun Yuri Akasaka PVC Figura (1 6 Escala)
- BPK 1 72 Boeing 737-200 Canadian North, with gravelkit - OUT OF PRODUCTION
- Swiss Air Lines DC-2 (HB-ITI), 1 200 Hobby Master
- TRANSFORMERS 35th goldEN LAGOON STARSCREAM LIMITED F S
- NEW Sealed LEGO Friends Snow Resort Ski Lift 2017 (41324)
- Lego Ninjago 70602 - Jay's Elemental Dragon - Brand New and Sealed Rare Retired
- LEGO 75955 Harry Potter Hogwarts Express Train Toy, Wizzarding World Fan Gift, B
- TY Beanie Babies Gobbles the Turkey Retired
- LEGO STAR WARS `` KESSEL RUN MILLENNIUM FALCON ´´ Ref 75212 NUEVO A ESTRENAR
- Groove T-207 Teyan Gyro Doll
- KAMEN RIDER GANBARIZING Japan LRT K5-043 RYUGEN BUDOU Arms & GAIM KIWAMI Arms
- HG80010 Hogan Jasdf F4ej Kai 1 80 Die-Cast Model Airplane
- Secret 2 1 144 A-6A Intruder Vma Aw-533 Knight Hawks J Wing Supervised Mini
- 1986 Vintage G1 Transformers Six Shot Complete Boxed Uncut 1st Issue FREESHIP
- DC Artist Alley Superman 6.6-Inch PVC Collector Statue [Lex Luthor Villain] Rare
- U.S.S. Reliant - 126 R - Star Trek CCG - The Motion Pictures (TMP)
- STAR WARS CCG TATOOINE COMPLETE 99 CARD MASTER SET WITH ALTERNATE IMAGES
- Warlord TCG CCG Saga Of The Storm Deaths Bargain 36-count Booster Box Sealed
- File Folder - Doraemon - Doraemon & Nobi Mouse Scare Toys New Licenced ge26258
- Kamen Rider Fourze Dx Fourze Conductor
- Mint Toheart2 Dungeon Travelers Dancer Maryan
- Rey & Country D Día Dd213 Est Airborne de Rodilla Listo MIB
- S.H.Figuarts Kirakira Precure a la Mode Cure Crema Pasticcera & Gelato Set
- Tokidoki Airlines Circus Punk Figurine NWT
- The munsters figures glow in the dark
- How To Train Your Dragon-“Giant Fire Breathing Toothless”Spin Masters Set MISB
- Rider build DX build driver and a holder bottle full
- Lego (LEGO) Ninja Go Element Dragon Fire Ocean 70627
- LEGO 21108 Ideas Ghostbusters Ecto-1 21108 Brand New Retired Factory Sealed
- Lego Duplo Pink Container Deluxe 10571 From Japan
- [New] 28415 Yugioh Yu-Gi-Oh RC02-JP044 S Twin Twisters Japanese Secret Rare Card
- 1 6 Super MCTOY M-069A Russia Spetsnaz Counter Terrorism Solider Clothes Sets
- Command-Based Charger Fight Super Robot Life Form Trans Formers Gum Dx
- Freeing The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Mikuru Asahina Bunny USED F S JAPAN
- 1 32 Revell Bf-109G-6 04665 w QB Resin Gunsight ES Decals Squadron HB Book
- Collector's Edition Kormus Bell x1 NM-Mint, English Magic Mtg M tG
- Five Star Models 1 700 IJN Heavy Cruiser Kumano Upgrade Set for Tamiya 31344 kit
- Aoshima 1 72 Kawasaki Ki-100 T From japan
- Tamiya 1 350 USS Missouri BB-63 1991
- IB Logo
- CLIFFJUMPER PRE-RUB VERSION ORIGINAL G1 VINTAGE TRANSFORMER
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.