We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Avengers Marvel MMS281 scale 6 1 Toys Age Hot only Boots America Captain Ultron 17540wxea41147-Comic Book Heroes
- 2007 ULTIMATE SOLDIER 32X GERMAN INFANTRY SERIES VI- SET A & B- MINT IN BLISTER
- DC Comics Superman Caped Fleece Robe
- Gargamel mini Zagoran blueE japan sofubi kaiju bemon toygraph m1go bullmark m1go
- Kotobukiya ZOIDS RZ-007 shield Liger Van specification 1 72 scale plastic kit JP
- NEO Super Figure Revolution Galaxy Express 999 GALAXY EXPRESS 1BOX
- NO GAME NO LIFE - Shiro 1 7 Pvc Figure Kotobukiya
- Sphero Sp001 American Comic Movie
- Signed Weiss black Symphogear G SG W27-082SP SP FOIL Tsubasa Kazanari
- Boeing C-97A Stratofreighter Military Air Transport Service Hobby Master HL4004
- Tin toy soldiers. Mycenaean heavily armed warrior 1400 BC metal sculpture,
- VERY RARE silverina WONDER WOMAN Magazine Book W Playing Cards Board Game & +++
- Simba 109381001 Despicable Me 3 - Flying Minion Dave Playing Figure
- Lego City 60165 4x4 Coast Guard Rescue Response Unit Set With Floating Boats UK
- Revoltech Miniature Makinami Mari Illustrious Cr Evangelion Gospel Of The
- Lego LGO2221- LGO2222 And LGO2223 City Retractable Pens Bundle NIB 2011
- Lego Dino Dino Island All Terrain Trapper New Sealed
- Transition dell'Anima YU-GI-OH SECE-IT078 Ita RARE SEGRETA 1 Ed
- Aviation400 ( 1 400 ) PAKISTAN INTERNATIONAL DC-10-30
- TAKOM TAK2114 Plastic Construction Kit for US LEE Tank Unpainted Grey
- Action Man 50th Aniversary Skuba Diver
- Despicable Me Remote Control Mobile Vehicle. Thinkway. Brand New
- 1 200 HOGAN LATAM AIRBUS A320 Passenger Airplane ABS Plastic Aircraft Model
- Hasegawa Eggplane Cv-22b Osprey EE.UU. Fuerza Aérea Kit de Modelismo Nuevo Japón
- Hot Wheels Display Case 108 COMP 1 64 scale
- Fate Grand Order Lancer Scathach sexy anime figurine action figure toy model PVC
- IRON MAN JIGSAW PUZZLE silverINA RARE VINTGE MARVEL MIP
- Medicom RAH Real Action Heroes Asuka Langley Shikinami 1 6 12 JAPAN F S J6240
- Project BM Masked Rider Fourze base States 1 6 ABS & ATBC-PVC figure Japan Toy
- Exact-train 20005 B Autotransportwagen Laes 3-achsig der DB Ep.4 5 neuwertig,OVP
- Ultimate Soldier 1 6 Scale Hooded Reversable Parka & Pants White & OD Green WW2
- LEGO Star Wars Y-Wing Starfighter Set
- LEGO • 75987 Overwatch OMNIC BASTION Blizzard Limited Edition EXCLUSIVE SEALED
- Lego 75877- Speed Champions - Mercedes-AMG GT3 - MISB - New - Sealed 4
- Lego Technic 1 Pair Panel Panel Mudguard Yellow 61070 Yelow 61071 8109 New
- Max Factory Ver. 1 8 Scale Game
- LEGO STAR WARS ADVENT CALENDAR 2015 NEW SEALED RETIRED
- HUGE VIEW MASTER LOT W 26 REELS MODEL E VIEWER WITH BOX SEE PICS + DESCRIPTION
- 1 6 scale Hot Toys MMS12 Rare Exclusive Battle Damaged ED-209 Century Robot From
- Coarse Pun Pun & Shoot
- Frame Wars 30CM Pokemon Mecha Venusaur Premium Collectible Figure New
- Aires Hobby 4058 1 48 F4F4 Detail Set For TAM
- Evolution 1 35 EM-35097 Modern Russian Tankman (Set 2) - 2 Figures
- 10PCS Solid DREAM LINER BOEING 787 Passenger Airplane Plane Metal Diecast Model
- Stoneforge Mystic x1 NM English - MTG Grand Prix PROMO Magic the Gathering
- X1 Foil Liliana of the Veil (NM) Innistrad - MTG Magic
- IB Logo
- Jakks Pacific Superman DC Universe Big Figs Tribute 18 Figure BRAND NEW SEALED
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.