We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
THE Sonico SUPER SONIANI Figma ANIMATION EX-023 ver Suntanned Sonico SUPER 17540vsze11357-Anime & Manga
- USED Nendgoldid Detective Conan Toru Amuro Non-Scale Secondary Resell Minutes
- DPB60 Mega Bloks Call of Duty Anti-Armor Helicopter Collector Construction Set
- My Little Pony Cosy Kitchen With Electronic Cooking Sound Effect
- New In Box Kotobukiya ARTFX J GANGSTA. Nicolas Brown 1 8 PVC Figure Authentic
- Antique Early 1900s 8in Schoenhut Humpty Dumpty Circus Shriner Man or RingMaster
- Box of 12 Funko My Litttle Pony Vinyl Mystery Mini Figures New in Boxes Series 2
- Tiger Model 1 35 IDF Nagmachon Doghouse Early APC
- FGO Fate Grand Order C94 Altria Lily doujin Card playmat
- FOIL Oracle of Mul Daya Zendikar Magic the Gathering
- AMT 1964 FORD FAIRLANE 500 DEALER PROMO Model Friction Car
- TAMIYA 1 48 North American P-51D Mustang 9th AF Model Kit NEW from Japan
- 1er Empire BEAU BUSTE DE NAPOLEON 1er
- DC COMICS Bishoujo Dark Super Girl Kotobukiya Limited Ver Rare New
- PLATZ The Magnificent KOTOBUKI Zero fighter aircraft type 21 1 72 Plastic model
- Final Fantasy Play Arts - Final Fantasy Xii - Action Figure - Ashe - App. 6 1
- Kamen Rider ZI-O Transformation Belt DX Jiku Driver from Japan
- Mint Yet Released In Japan Funko Pop My Hero Academia Katsumi Bakugo All Might
- Rey Zero Starting Life In Another World - Ram Maid Curtsey Vers
- SEKIRARA Mayumi Sakamoto [Miyazawa Limited Edition] 1 6 PVC Figure Japan Import
- Transformer Transformer Foma Prime Am-15 Megatron Dakunesu
- Vintage 1990 Batman Sonic Neutralizer Dark Knight Collection - Kenner —SEALED—
- LEGO Star Wars Set Death Star Final Duel 75093 New Sealed Damaged Box
- DRAGONBALL Z LIMITED EDITION MOVIE COLLECTION PORUNGA FIGURE
- 1996 Exclusive Premier 3 Little Pigskins The Three Stooges Limit Ed. Doll Set
- Vintage Marx Whistling Locomotive Lighted Piston Battery Operated Works
- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot Hikari Figure - FunKo Free Shipping
- LEGO ® City.3180 Tankwagen.
- YGGDRASIL THE WORLD TREE UBER FOW FORCE OF WILL [magicfun]
- Autographed Star Trek CCG 1E BB Premiere Sela (Denise Crosby) v0273
- ACTION MAN 40th ANNIVERSARY - BIVOUAC TENT CARDED
- Desktop Real Mccoy 06 Dragon Ball Completed Figure Megahouse
- GI Joe Wave 8 Major bluedd 9.5cm Action Figure. Hasbro Toys. Free Delivery
- Lord of the Rings Eye of Sauron Snow Globe
- 1 x Modern Masters 2017 Booster Box Nuovo Imballato Prodotto - Magico il
- 1 32 Flying Tigers P40-68 Fighter Aeroplane Alloy Simulation Fighter Model Toys
- 1 35 DRAGON ALBY Panzerspähwagen Panhard typ 178 (Railway Version) + bonus
- IB Logo
- Fist of the North Star Toki Figure Japan Doll Toy Japanese Hobby
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.