We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Shuri 2 Wave Endgame Legends Figure Marvel Order Pre 17540hsec7937-Comic Book Heroes
- New In Box Kotobukiya ARTFX Batman Hunt the Dark Knight 30 cm Figure From Japn
- Brand New Kids Paw Patrol Mission Cruiser
- Good Smile Terra Formars Michelle K. Davis PVC Figure Statue
- LEGO Super Heroes 76058 Spider-Man Ghost Rider Team-up Building Kit 217 Piece
- 30.5cm Lycanroc (Mittag Formular) Poke Plüsch Norm Offiziell Pokemon Center
- Dragon Ball Vegeta Bulma Wedding Day PVC Statue Figure Set Collectible Model Toy
- Brand New Vampiric Tutor (DCI) Near Mint Foil English Promotional Cards NM MINT
- 1 x MTG Karakas - Foil DCI Judge Promo Judge Rewards Promos - Light Play, Englis
- ARK MODELS 40006 - Russian Navy Sailship GOTO PREDESTINATSIA Scale Kit 1 96
- Trumpeter Models 1 35 Russian BM-21 Grad MRL-Early Version, 10 TS 9580208010137
- 24027 Last Chronicle Booster Youkou Hen Iii 15 Box New
- 12 Takara Combat Joe Uniform. MIB
- Cyber Drive Zoids Cyclops CDZ-02 - Brand New Japan Import Toy
- Corgi AA38408 1 72 Bristol Blenheim Mk.I L6739 (G-BPIV) Duxford 2015
- Excellent Medicom Toy Limited color Goreason New goods unopened Limited
- Idol Master Ganaha Hibiki (1 8 Scale Painted PVC)
- MCFARLANE NBA SERIES 8 CHASE MIAMI HEAT VARIANT SHAQUILLE O'NEAL
- PopToys 1 6 Scale Ashigaru Teppo Deluxe Version Japanese Foot Soldier W06B USA
- Square Enix Variant Playarts Kai Batman
- TRANSFORMERS HARDHEAD Vintage G1 Action Figure 7.5 Headmaster COMPLETE 1987 Nice
- WWE Basic Triple H Series 69 Figure
- SANRIO Sailor Moon × My Melody Collaboration Mirror Limited Japan Mega Rare
- PonyCycle Kids Manual Ride on Horse Medium 4-9 Years Brown w White Hoof New
- Titanosaurus Bullmark M1 Figure Soft Vinyl Repaint
- RARE Ty Beanie Baby Erin
- Lego Friends - Drifting Diner - 41349
- HUNTER x HUNTER Mascot Plush Doll Clappica Gon Hisoka Chlgold presale
- Trumpeter 01554 T-62 BDD Mod.1984 [Mod.1972 Modification] Panzer Tank 1 35 Model
- DBZ TCG Panini Set 1 & 2 Rares Lot...150+ Cards See Description for Bonus
- 3A Three a toys 1 12 Action Portable Popbot Sangreal Popbot Sanggliel Ashley
- Dc Multiverse Lex Luthor Series Wonder Woman Action Figure Mattel 15 Cm
- GI Joe 25th cobra serpentor commander leader emperor
- Legends Series Marvel Action Build A Figure OKOYE Bundle
- Parts Lot 4 BUILT 1 35 ELCO US NAVY PT-BOAT Photo Etched 1 32 4 Diorama Brass
- TEMPESTA D'AGITATION - FLUSTERSTORM ENG - MTG MAGIC [MF]
- Hasegawa 1 350 Japanese Navy aircraft carrier Hayabusataka plastic model Z3
- IB Logo
- Masha and The Bear - Painter Masha. Huge Saving
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.