We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Action MIDORIYA IZUKU Academia Hero My 323 Figure Figma S F NEW Factory Max 17540vsze21287-Anime & Manga
- 2017 McFarlane ESA Sports Madden NFL 18 Ezekiel Elliott Cowboys LE EXCLUSIVE
- DC Direct Deluxe Action Figure Set Green Arrow & Speedy Action Figures complete
- Get Ready Kids Ocean Animal Playset
- Lanfeust de Troy coffret 10 mini statuettes metal Decotoys 20740 limite signe
- MAFEX No.007 MAFEX Batman The Dark Knight Rises BATMAN Released 2015
- New Sega Persona 4 The golden Animation P4GA Marie Premium Figure
- Skytube Nogizaka Haruka No Himitsu Cold Fundido Figura (1 6 Escala)
- Magic the Gathering MtG 2015 PLANESWALKERS OF THE MULTIVERSE boxed set
- Vintage Airfix Kit Modello Hawker Hurricane Scala 1 72 Primo Numero
- ThreeA WWRp 1 12 EMGY GRUNT (BIB)
- VINTAGE ACTION MAN TALKING COMMANDER BOXED HARD HEAD PALITOY
- NEW Lego Duplo Bob the Builder Travis and the Mobile Caravan Set 3296
- LEGO STAR WARS The Last Jedi 75184 Advent Calendar Christmas Set NEW Retired
- LEGO Star Wars Chatka Yody
- LEGO NEW MISB Star Wars 75102 Poe's X-Wing Fighter
- Marusant Earthtron mini soft vinyl Figure
- Hobby Master F-15C Demo Eagle , 71st FS, May 2004 to June 2005 HA4570
- Tiger Model 1 35 IDF Nagmachon Doghouse Heavy APC Early
- Yu-Gi-Oh Kuriboh Plush 35CM Cosplay
- 1 6 Scale Lenka Kripac Head Carving Middle Eastern Beauty Girl Head Model Toys
- COARSETOYS Permanent Guest Ignited Revenge Limited to 150 Brand New coarse
- T34 85 RUDY - Polish Army + crew scale 1 35 - built and painted (Pro-Built)
- 1 35 scale German Artillery Tractor t70 and 7.62cm gun with crew
- Sky Classics 1 200 C-123K Provider Us Marshal N709RR, 'Jailbird' Ref Sc345
- Figma Sword Art Online ‡U Asuna ALO Figure Japan Import Toy Hobby
- Joy Toy 1 18 Russian Feoeration North Africa Corps Action Figure Army Set of 3
- Metal Robot Spirits Soul GN-0000+GNR-010 00 Raiser + GN Sword III Action Figure
- Re & Paese Africa Korps AK117 Panzerjager 1 Serbatoio Set MIB
- ROBOT soul SIDE MS Mobile Suit Gundam UC Unicorn Gundam & GLOWING STAGE set
- Thomas Gunn Roman Empire rom008b 30. Legionär kniend mit Gladius MIB
- Vintage Marx Johnny West Buffalo And Horse Lot
- Playset PENGUINS Madagascar KOWALSKI ROYAL RESCUE Cobi 26302 Set 330 pieces
- Mega Bloks Halo 97006 Cyclops Jungle Strike new
- Vintage RARE Daiya Flying Air Force Jeep; Made in Japan; Friction tinplate toy
- Mint Sumikkogurashi Sweets Hat Plush
- LEGO DUPLO 5695 Doctor's Clinic
- 1 35 Model 82413 AAVP-7A1 W Mounting Bosses Amphibious Vehicle Kit Hobby Boss
- 25CM Anime My Railway Q-six Maitetsu Paulette Swimsuit Ver PVC Action Figure Toy
- DC Flashpoint Batman and Reverse Flash Busts Action Figure
- GI JOE 2013 RAVAGE SDCC TRANSFORMERS AUTOBOT JETFIRE with FILE CARD
- Dragon 1 35 DAK 15cm s.IG.33 auf FgstPz.III
- SNAPCASTER MAGE MTG MAGIC THE GATHERING
- Dragon Wings 1 400 Continental Airlines Boeing 727-200F N622DH DHL (55188)
- 10 inch white electric motorized redating turntable display stand with led
- Magia The Gathering - Comandante 2013 - Evasiva Maniobras Baraja
- IB Logo
- Firefly Cobra Saboteur 2008 G.I. Joe Cobra 25th Anniversary MOC Comic v17 blueE
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.