We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Delivery Free Figurine. Ivy Poison Collection Hero Super Comics DC Eaglemoss 17540vsze7307-New toy
- 1 18 Unimax Forces of Valor U.S Army Platoon Recon Squad Figures Soldiers 4
- CORROSION BATTLEFORCE 2000 GI JOE Con 2017 3.75 Inch BAGGED ULTIMATE ENEMIES
- Funko Batman The Animated Series Poison Ivy Pop Heroes Figure
- KING & COUNTRY DIORAMA SP088-GR RUSSIAN OFFICER MOUNTED ON GREYSTONE PLINTH MIB
- Myth cloth julian solo poseidon
- New Fivestar Toy x MAGICAL MOSH MISFITS ROBINMASK HENTAI Kinnikuman Sofvi F S
- Set of 12 Knights of the Dinner Table - Pewter Miniature Figures - Sealed
- Miniart 1 35 Tiran 4 Sh Early Type Interior Kit
- Peddinghaus 2584 1 32 Cl-13 Sabre Commodore Erich Hartmann Jg 71 Richthofen
- TRADITION OF LONDON -Drago Francese
- Dr Wily (Mega Man) Funko Pop Games Vinyl Figure
- Lego Star Wars Figura - Greedo con impresas Armen - 4501 (RM029)
- Ty Beanie Baby BERNIE Dog ERRORS RARE PVC RETIRED Waterlooville No Star
- COSTRUZIONI LEGO FRIENDS 41346 LA SCATOLA DELL'AMICIZIA
- Marvel figure Factory DR OCTOPUS Complete mystery figure set Toy Biz
- Pokemon Center Original Plush Alolan Raichu) RaichuAlola
- (D10) Lego 4551 Crocodile Railway with Ba 100% Complete 9 Volt Figurine Used
- Herpa 1 200 Zeppelin Nr.553124 Neue Technologie in OVP Neu S276
- Star Wars Titanium Trade Federation C-9979 Landing Craft MISB RARE
- 2019 One piece P.T.S Donquixote Doflamingo Squatting Funny GK Collector Statue
- DC Direct Superman Statue By Jim Lee Full Size Collection
- Yamaha YZF-R1, Welly Motorcycle Model 1 10
- (MIN35195) - Miniart 1 35 - US Army Bulldozer
- Trumpeter 03708 1 200 HMS Nelson 1944 Ship
- Exclusive X-Men Marvel Legends 2019 Mystique 6” Action Figure NIB
- IDOLMASTER - Miki Hoshii 1 8 Pvc Figure Phat Company
- Mcfarlane NFL 35 - Cleveland Browns - Johnny Manziel Level Figurine -nouveau
- Popy Chogokin Roboqui Robocon Series Showa Retro Super alloy Rare Vintage toy
- SOLOMAGIA Bicycle Maiden Marked Playing Cards (Red). Best Price
- Transformers&Street Fighter 2 HOT RODIMUS Ken vs ARCEE ChunLi Action Collection
- Secret Jouju Jewelry Watch Touch Pen Korean TV animation Girls Toy_RC
- Batman 1966 Classic TV Series BATCAVE BRUCE WAYNE BATCOMPUTER SET Adam West
- New In Box Square Enix KINGDOM HEARTS II PLAY ARTS Axel Figure Authentic
- Smoby PEPPA PIG BE MOVE DRIE
- Smurf Large Red house (pk82)
- LEGO Pirates Chess Set (40158) NISB, Ready to ship
- Mtg Magic the Gathering 3rd Edition Revised Tropical Island
- ACTION FIGURE DOLL BOGI MEGO VINTAGE 70 KO BIG JIM GJOE-SOLDIER DEMO MAN SOLDATO
- Deformation toys LT02-W bluee and white porcelain optimus prime
- GI Joe Timeless Collection US Marine Heavy Weapons African American Action Fig
- Spellfire Night Stalkers Chase Card Bag of Beans
- Aoshima 1 12 BIKE Honda Hawk II CB400T Plastic Model Kit from Japan NEW
- 1 35 TAMIYA Bundeswehr M109A3G Self-Propelled Howitzer Model Kit
- Hobbyboss Model Kit 82490 1 35 French EBR-11 Wheeled Reconnaissance Vehicle AA
- STALINGRAD MINIATURES, 1 35, European Refugees, 1939-45 Big ( 8 FIGURES), S-3110
- IB Logo
- FATE STAY NIGHT - Saber Maid Ver.R 1 6 Pvc Figure Alter
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.