We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Figure Dunny 3” Meltdown Chris 2 Ryniak Series Apocalypse Kidrobot 16 17540whei91427-Designer & Urban Vinyl
- 3.5 x 20 Clamp On Stainless Steel Silencer Exhaust Box Body 2 3 8 (60mm) Bore
- Dc Justice League True-Moves Series The Flash Figure 12 Toy Play Mattel New
- GI Joe 1992 Convention FOOTLOOSE AKA Rumbler Sealed
- Legacy Of Revoltech Lr-011 Della Regina Lama Captain Of The Royal Guardia Elina
- Manga Serie 001 Cobra The Space Pirata Kingdom come Soul Of Morbido Vinile 9
- NEW Transformers Movie MD-09 Bone Crusher
- SOLDIER STORY EODMU-11EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL MOBILE UNIT ELEVEN SS055
- 1x Taiga MTG Revised RED GREEN DUAL LAND LP
- RARE AeroClassics 1 400 PSA Douglas DC-9 N708PS Smile
- Transformed Complete Defensor Bruticus Combiner Wars 30cm Figure Holiday Gifts
- Vintage 1960s Shioji Tienda Jupiter Jeep Caja Metálica Juguete blue de Japón F
- Stuffed plush Finding Nemo Dory, Sheldon seahorse, octopus, whale, Squirt turtle
- Buzz Lightyear Power Boost Toy Story NIB 1998 RARE First Generation Light Year
- LEGO Star Wars 7260 Wookiee Catamaran by
- Power Vehicles Mix - SmartMax Free Shipping
- NEW SEALED LEGO STAR WARS 75133 REY 75160 U-WING 75193 FALCON 75194 TIE 75198 `
- Amonkhet AKH Complete Set Without Mythics and Token x4 magic MTG Mint Card
- DeAgostini WW 2 Aircraft Collection No 36 Mitsubishi Shusui
- 1 18 Scale 1 24 scale DIECAST DIORAMA 4 BAY GARAGE SHOP A Frame
- 1 6 Scale SA0021 Lucius Malfoy Collectible Action Figure Toy Star Ace Toys Model
- Code of Princess the thief Ali Figure Japan Doll Toy Japanese Hobby
- Inflight 200, Boeing 727 - 200 ALASKA Seahawk 1 in Scale 1 200
- Sword Of Fire And Ice German Foil Mtg
- Hot Wheels Redline 1 64 Diecast Display Case 56 COMP.
- Freeing The Idolmaster Miki Hoshii (Yukata Version) PVC Figur Statue
- Kidrobot x Andy Warhol Masterpiece Campbell's Soup - 8inch Dunny lmtd 500pcs
- Multi-box anything halo halo bluee-collar
- New Dc Collectibles Batman Vs. Superman Dawn Of Justice Batman Action Figure
- Sega Saekano How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend Utaha Kasumigaoka Premium Figure
- Transformer Transformer Foma Mubi Ad06 Kurosuheazu
- Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer 12 Clip On Ornament Set Playing Mantis 2003 EUC
- LEGO® City Sumpf Set 60067 + 60069 Nte Wahl Sity Swamp Set NEW 2nd choice
- LEGO 6930 , Space Supply Station , Classic Space
- Lego Star Wars B-Wing Fighter (Retired) 100% complete
- Lego Star Wars Mandalorian Star fighter 9525
- Animal Jam 793631464623 Crystal Palace Den Exclusive Playset [Limited Edition A
- 1x Noble Hierarch - Foil - Conflux - NM-Mint, English
- 41 Schtroumpf paracodin the Smurfs puffo pitufo puffi variante schtroumpfette TR
- DC SUPER POWERS SERIES JLA HAL JORDAN GREEN LANTERN FIGURE WITH COMIC KENNER
- GI JOE BARONESS FILE CARD Vintage Figure Canadian FULL UNCUT GREAT SHAPE 1984
- AZmodel 1 48 Morane Saulnier M.S. 406 + Aeromaster Decals
- 1x Sword of Fire and Ice - FOIL - German - FBB - EDH - Vintage - Modern
- RARE AeroClassics 1 400 JAT Yugoslav SE-210 Caravelle YU-AHB 1970s colorsBled
- 1 400 A330-200 N380HA Hawaiian Airlines
- Dragon - JS-2 Stalin II - 1 35 Scale WW2 Military Model Tank Kit
- IB Logo
- Dasin Model DM One Punch Man Genos S.H.Figuarts SHF PVC Action Figure New
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.