We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
NECA classics man he GRIZZLOR STACTION UNIVERSE THE OF MASTERS MAN HE 17540wxea1727-New toy
- 1986 86 GI G.I. Joe Dreadnok Buzzer mint on card MOC Japan Japanese Takara
- Dazzling Toys 135 Pcs Amusement Park Colourful 2 Figures Assemble Playground Set
- Funko Transformers Metallic Optimus Prime
- KLG X Wave Combat Panda Solider Animals Model PVC Figure New
- Nendgoldid 814 NEW GAME Hifumi Takimoto Figure NEW from Japan
- New Schleich Wild Life Watering Hole Set Exclusive Zebra Hand Painted Edu Game
- Skytube Cómic Aun Yuri Akasaka PVC Figura (1 6 Escala)
- BPK 1 72 Boeing 737-200 Canadian North, with gravelkit - OUT OF PRODUCTION
- Swiss Air Lines DC-2 (HB-ITI), 1 200 Hobby Master
- Transformers Dark Of The Moon Leader IRONHIDE Complete Dotm
- US Navy Seal Team Six figurine échelle 1 6 scale figure Mini Times MT-M008
- Lego 8652 Racers Enzo Ferrari 117 New
- LEGO® City 60183 Schwerlasttransporter NEU OVP_ Heavy Cargo Transport NEW MISB
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates Talking Yo Ho Let's Go Jake New Factory Sealed
- Ryan's World Red Giant Mystery Egg Target Exclusive Rare Hot Toy Sold Out
- My Little Pony Flip and Whirl Rainbow Dash Pony Fashion Doll Pet
- Mr. Incredible Interactive Talking Action Figure Pixar - Incribles 2
- GAME OF THRONES personally signed 10x8 - SUSAN BROWN as Septa Mordane (d)
- Heller Gift Set 1 8 - Yamaha Ty 125 - Hel52994g 18
- 4 pcs Set 10CM Date A Live Anime Action Figure Girl Model figures doll toy new
- Dc Super Heroes Justice League Set Personaggi - Freccia green Girl & Ultra Umano
- NEW 1 200 GEMINI JETS ALASKA AIRLINES BOEING B 737-700 N614AS Model G2ASA778
- Hobby Boss 83872 1 35 IDF APC Nagmashot Armored Carrier Tank Car Model Kit DIY
- Ija Type 4 Light Tank Ke-Nu Kit DRAGON 1 35 D6854 Model
- FAULT - Maya Kamiwazumi 1 6 Pvc Figure Dragon Toy Hentai
- Iron Studios 1 10 Scale Captain Marvel Carol Danvers Figure Statue Collection
- Medicom Toy Detective Story Outside Box Only Opened Item Entertainer Talent
- PSL Transformers Siege Series SG - 05 Autobot Cog 146
- Faller 161610 H0 Car System MB Sprinter bofrost (HERPA)
- Ultra Seven of Mamitto Soft Vinyl
- Lego STAR WARS lot +30 MINIFIGS COLLECTION clone dooku palpatine yoda sebulba
- Lego creator family house 3 in 1 31012
- (NEW) My Little Pony Guardians of Harmony Fan Series Discord Figure
- Lego 7243 - Construction Site - 2005 (MIB)
- Vintage Rare Winslow Template Co USA Funeral Flashing Road Barrier Battery Train
- Eldo lego star wars revenge of the sith at ap walker 75234
- Valom 1 72 Model Kit 72066 Handley-Page Hampden Mk.II
- A Wrinkle in Time - Mrs Who, Mrs Which & Mrs Whatsit US Exclusive Pop Vinyl ...
- DC Universe_JusticeLeagueUnlimited_MARTIAN MANHUNTER_GUY GARDNER_BATMAN 4 figs.
- GI Joe JoeCon 2016 SKY PATROL convention set 15 figure complete & awesome set
- Kinetisch 1 48th Maßstab Grumman E-2c Hawkeye 2000 U.S.Marine (
- Yu-Gi-Oh DARK MAGICIAN Ultra Rare Asian 1st LOB-005 English NM KONAMI
- Aoshima 1 12 BIKE Honda CB400FOUR Plastic Model Kit from From japan
- Cardfight Vanguard Zeredh Dragon of Distant Sea, Megiddo G-BT13 002EN ZR
- Takom 2056 1 35 King Tiger Sd.Kfz.182 Henschel Turret Zimmerit Full Interior
- IB Logo
- I Think That Do Agree With The Sports Bike And Mahgold Makoto Ver. 1 12 Scale
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.