We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
bluee-Turning EVAN Toy Car Robot Transforming Mecard 17540vsze2657-Transformers & Robots
- Make Your Set Greater Bobba Fett's Slave Ship Manual & Box But No Figures 7153
- LEGO STUDIOS 1380 Hinterhalt des Werwolfs Werewolf Ambush new BNISB
- LALALOOPSY GIRLS DYNA MIGHT BRAND NEW IN BOX
- Vintage (1950's) Germany DUX Volkswagen VW
- LEGO NINJAGO Spinning Technique Master Zen 70636 New F S From Japan
- Lego Star Wars 7171 Mos Espa Podrace complete
- Star Wars The Force Awakens Resistance X-Wing Fighter un 2 Hot Wheels Elite
- MSIA Extended Gelgoog Cannon LTD Action Figure EMSIA
- Yu-Gi-Oh Ultra Rare Chaos Emperor Dragon TLM-ENSE2
- Gemini Jets NCA Nippon Cargo Boeing B747-8F 1 200
- Roc of Kher Ridges Beta SPLD Red Rare MAGIC GATHERING CARD (ID) ABUGames
- 1 6 ThreeA GIOCATTOLO ACTION FIGURE BREAKING BAD JESSE PINKMAN AARON PAUL 3A
- Completo Set UK Kane Wwe Wwf Wrestling Costume Up Maschera Adulti Bambino
- AC Models 32005 1 32 WWI German Stretcher Team
- FIRE Hamburger Batman Joker A015 Double Headsculpt 1 6 With Accessories Bag TCA
- Kantai Collection Ooi Nendgoldid Action Figure
- Mit Limitiert Teile Kotobukiya Megami Gerät Chaos & Hübsche Hexe
- Riobot Knights of Sidonia Seventeen Methodist Tsugumori Japan Import by Sentin
- Statue Legend JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Giorno, Jobaana [benefits pedestal with
- Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-02 Bumblebee Action Figure
- Wwe Seth Rollins World Heavyweight Gürtel Elite Serie 45 Wrestling-Figur Aktion
- Vintage Train Engine Locomotive Tin Toy Battery operated Decor Toy. i67-10 CA
- T1012 Antler Deer Small Deer AntlersTrophyAntlers
- 5 Vintage Wood & Tin Small size Mouth Organs From Japan 1930'S Rare
- Lego Star Wars Lot Slave 1 7144 7104 7110 7914 9489 9678 Minifigures Incomplete
- Capcom Street Fighter Guile 7 Real Cloth Figure
- TY BEANIE BOOS BOO'S - KOOKY the KOALA BEAR - MINT with MINT TAG - NEW
- Easy Model Ef-2000b 30 +01 German Air Force German Airforce Finshed Model 1 72
- Hobbyboss 83896 Russian Asu-57 Airborne Tank Destroyer Plastic Model Kit, 1 ...
- Action Man Extreme Climber. Hasbro. Shipping is Free
- Details about New Transformers Master Made SDT-05 Odin Fortress Maximus Figure
- GIANT GRIFTER WILDCATS WILDC.A.T.S action figure JIM LEE MIB 10 1995 PLAYMATES
- Lot 102 - Marvel Universe Vintage Spider-Man 1974 MEGO
- New 1 700 PHOTO ETCHED PARTS WWII GN Heavy Cruiser Prinz Eugen PIT-ROAD JPN F S
- Award Winner Built Dragon 1 35 M50 SuperSherman
- Trompettiste 1 700 Uss Maryland Bb-46 1945 Maquette Plastique -
- IB Logo
- Figma fleet collection - ship this - Togitsu-style figures
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.