We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Ramjet MP-11NR Masterpiece Transformers Takara Japan 100% NEW Exclusive 17540dzaf41147-Transformers & Robots
- 2007 ULTIMATE SOLDIER 32X GERMAN INFANTRY SERIES VI- SET A & B- MINT IN BLISTER
- DC Comics Superman Caped Fleece Robe
- Gargamel mini Zagoran blueE japan sofubi kaiju bemon toygraph m1go bullmark m1go
- Kotobukiya ZOIDS RZ-007 shield Liger Van specification 1 72 scale plastic kit JP
- NEO Super Figure Revolution Galaxy Express 999 GALAXY EXPRESS 1BOX
- NO GAME NO LIFE - Shiro 1 7 Pvc Figure Kotobukiya
- Sphero Sp001 American Comic Movie
- Signed Weiss black Symphogear G SG W27-082SP SP FOIL Tsubasa Kazanari
- Boeing C-97A Stratofreighter Military Air Transport Service Hobby Master HL4004
- Transformer Transformer Foma Revenge Transformer Foma Mubi Ra-01 Optimus Prime
- F S DX Chogokin first aid squadron go go five meteor union Victory Mars
- Vintage 1900's Yellow Striped Cat w Ball Tin Wind Up Toy 5 (GOOD)
- Sky Ho key & Seriously Red set Toy Japan Hobby Japanese Kids Gift
- Ty Beanie Baby - 1993 - Valentino Bear - Mint With Mint Tags
- Lego Speed Champion 75899 Ferrari La Ferrari -MISB- fuori produzione
- Jun Planning N-052 Mayor Nightmare Before Christmas
- MG V2 GUNDAM Ver.Ka MECHANICAL CLEAR [GUNDAM EXPO LIMITED]
- Jfox Jf7472002 1 200 B747-2u3 Garuda Internacional Pk-Gse
- JFOX JFA320013 1 200 LUFTHANSA AIRBUS A320-200 D-AIUI WITH STAND
- 1 6 Scale Toy Heart 4 - Vincent & Kerr - Safe w Removable Compartments
- Collectible Figure Pixi Blake and Mortimer with the newspaper 5196 (2017)
- Yu-Gi-Oh Shooting Star Dragon Holographic Rare 1st STBL-KR040 Korean NMEX
- Aoshima B20003 Brabham [BT52] Monaco Gp 83 Version 1 20 Scala T48 Spedizione
- Imperial Seal - judge foil, BGS 9.5 GEM MINT QUAD. MTG (pop 1 of 1)
- Floor Standing S Style Towel Bath Holder Storage Organizer Bathroom Chrome
- Kb11 Transformers Lost Age series From japan
- Most lottery dress Emotional Episode - drum Kingdom - A Prize emotional figure
- Neu Kuroko No Basuke Figur Serie Tetsuya Kuroko Megahouse Japan mit Versand
- SCHLEICH STAIRCASE & LADDERS NEW
- Train Control Systems 1327 N MD4 DCC 1-Amp 4-Function Drop-in Decoder for
- Vintage 1990 MIRAGE STUDIO TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLE Pillow Pal Plush RAFAEL
- Kotobukiya Simple Assembling Kit Obi One Kenobi Ep3 Ver.
- Angry Birds Mash'Ems Series 1 Red Bird Power Launcher
- LEGO Star Wars 7931 JEDI T-6 SHUTTLE WITH MINIFIGS SEALED LEGO BAGS -BOXED
- POP VINYL - STAR WARS JAWA BOBBLE HEAD RARE VAULTED
- Lego Space Earth Defence Hq 7066 - retired
- Trimaster 1 48 Messerschmitt Me-262 A-1a Jabo Plastic Model Kit MAB-112U
- 2018 GI Joe Captain Grid-Iron Club Exclusive FSS 8.0 MOC
- DC Direct Green Lantern Series PVC sets
- GEYPERMAN GEYPER MAN HASBRO - TRANSMITTER FLASH RADIO (Réf 7316 ) - 1975 - MOC
- 10xFinal Fantasy TCG Final Fantasy Booster • Opus I deutsch
- SNAPCASTER MAGE Ultimate Masters Magic MTG MINT CARD
- Shonen Springen Juni 2007, Ausgabe 6 Werkseitig Versiegelt Neuwertig Brandneu
- RG 1 144 Strike Freedom Gundam Deactive Mode Plastic Model [PB Exclusive]
- Altaria 152 149 Boundaries Crossed - Secret Rare Near Mint+ Pokemon Card Shiny
- IB Logo
- 2008 DC DIRECT TOYS SHOWCASE PRESENTS SERIES 1 SUPERMAN 6 ACTION FIGURE MIP
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.