We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Action Deadpool Scale 6 1 Figure Marvel Collectibles Sideshow 17540hsec5447-New toy
- 12 inches figures Marx toys Jed Gibson grey with accesories and weapons
- Cu-Poche Puella Reyes Magos Madoka Magica Kyoko Sakura Figura Kotobukiya Nuevo
- FUNKO POP CULTURE HUNGER GAMES KATNISS WEDDING DRESS VINYL FIGURE NEW
- KING & COUNTRY-agente di polizia militare motociclista Britannico,Normandie 1944
- NBA Forever Collection Legends of the Court Limited Edition O'neal and Wade
- New Kamen Rider Kabuto Henshin Belt DX Dark Kabuto injector over
- SHINING RESONANCE - Kirika Towa Alma 1 8 Pvc Figure Kotobukiya
- Av17-2 x herpa H0 vitrina para Camiones BEAU + FAX +BITBURGER+nordfrost
- Vintage Hubley Kiddie Toy Airplane P-38 Lightning Model 881
- Threea ASHLEY WOOD WWR DUTCH MERC CAESAR 3A AK TK 1 6 Scale Figure
- Vintage G1 Transformers Headmaster Horrorcon Snapdragon Complete boxed Krunk
- 75111 DARTH VADER buildable figure star wars lego NEW sealed legos set
- LEGO Angry Birds Movie Pig City Teardown set 75824, factory sealed bags, no box
- Infinity Nomads Taskmaster Bakunin Swast Team (Red Fury) Corvus Belli Inf 280588
- The Lego Movie 2 Minifigures CDU of 60 Minifigures
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VIII First Order Heavy Assault Walker 75189 Building Kit
- Plateau (WB) Revised (ITALIAN) SPLD Land Rare MAGIC CARD (ID) ABUGames
- MTG Foil Raging Ravine Worldwake
- Hasegawa 1 72 Kawanishi H8K2 Type 2 Flying Boat Model 12 Japanese Navy E45 Kit
- ACTION MAN VINTAGE PALITOY - SURVIVAL RAFT carded MOC - 70's
- Devil detective brain chewy Neuro Nendgoldid Katsuragi Yako
- 1 35 Tamiya German Horch Kfz.15 - North Africa Campaign DAK
- Revell 1 32 Junkers Ju-87 B Stuka Plastic Aircraft Model Kit U
- Freedom 1 35 R.O.C Army CM-34 TICV Clouded Leopard Vehicle Phototype
- Free Shipping Authentic Nendgoldid Touhou Project Remilia Scarlet Good Smile
- Kidrobot Clutter Kaiju Dunny Blind Box Mini Figure 4 Blind Boxes NEW (4 Figures)
- Mr. Sparkle Toy Figure by Kidrobot x The Simpsons
- NEW 2019 Marvel Legends Avengers Infinity War Ebony Maw (Armored Thanos BAF)
- SDCC 2018 LEGO DC SUPER HEROES AQUAMAN & STORM SET 197 pcs IN HAND
- Transformer Car Robots Build King Deluxe Box (C-022)-Japanese
- New In Box Autoart Jaguar D Type Le Mans Mike Hawthorn 1 43 Alloy Authentic
- [B-88 Lr Grip Set The Strongest Shoots Strike] Beyblade Burst B-88 Bay Launcher
- LEGO® Technic Set 9394 + 42040 Düsen- & Löschflugzeug NEU _Jet- & Fire Plane NEW
- Vintage Triang Push Sctooer Hotrod Barn Find Man Cave Film Set Vw t2 Camper
- LEGO Creator Grand Emporium (10211) New Factory Sealed Retired Set
- LEGO 30407 Harry Potter Harry's Journey to Hogwarts New Lot Of 20 Sets Free Ship
- Minicraft 1 144 Boeing McDonnell-Douglas MD-80 SAS Star Alliance
- 1 6 THREEA TOYS Adventure KARTEL - HoodZomb Red (Ashley Wood Design)12 HZR
- Crazy Toys DC Suicide Squad The Joker Batman Imposter Version 1 6 Scale Figure
- Funko Marvel Deadpool X-Force Hikari Sofubi Vinyl Figure
- 1 48 Sea Fury FB.11 Exterior Photo-etched Set for Airfix kits
- Trumpeter 00924 Model Kit Russian 72B MBT
- Tech Mix Ac117 1 144 Jasdf F-4Ej Kai 301St Squadron Nittahara 40Th Anniversary
- Martin-pêcheur Os2u 1 32 Pour Kittyhawk Eduard Big Ed Set - Edbig3363 132
- Trumpeter 1 24 02420 Junkers Ju-87A Stuka Plastic Model Aircraft Kit
- IB Logo
- Marvel Legends SPIDERMAN BAF LIZARD SET 6 Mysterio Gwen Prowler Lasher Woman
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.