We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
S.A.C. SHELL THE IN GHOST 237 figma Motoko NEW S F Figure S.A.C.ver. Kusanagi 17540adao6377-Anime & Manga
- Vintage Wen-Mac AMF bluee Mustang Toy Model Car
- B46 Mega Bloks Spider-Man & Friends Fire Station Rescue pcs- New
- Lego Cross Bone Clipper Set 6250 Pirates Pirates I
- 1978-1979 SWEET TREATS Ice Cream Bars “CHERRY DELICIOUS”NIC By Mattel UNPUNCHED
- TY Beanie Babies, Patti the Platypus, Style 4025, DOB 1-6-93, PVC Pellets Errors
- Lego The Hobbit Dol Guldur Battle (No Minifigs)
- TAMIYA 1 72 KI-61- ID HIEN - T60789
- Tamiya 1 16 Kübelwagen Typ 82 (DAK) includes 2 figures
- Heller 1 100 - HMS Victory
- VINTAGE AIRFIX MODEL No.51507-4 BAMBOO HOUSE VN MIB
- DINKY TOYS MODEL No.997 CARAVELLE SE 210 AIR FRANCE AIRLINER VN MIB
- 1985 Gi Joe Crankcase A.W.E Striker Driver New and Sealed with File Card
- Dasin Modell Slam Dunk Action-Figur Ryonan Akira Sendoh blue Uniform Neu
- 1 200 ZIP (orange) Boeing 737-200 - C-GCPO
- FIGURA ONE PIECE P.O.P. POP SANJI CB-R1 EXCELENTE MODELO SUAVE STATUE ANIME
- Justice League Alex Ross Series 3 Poison Ivy 18cm Figure. Free Delivery
- MEZCO TOYZ Living Dead Dolls PENNY 2000 CLUB MEZ LDD EXCLUSIVE
- Real Madrid official product Zidane 5 figure From japan
- Sid Wilson Deluxe grey Kapitel Slipknot Tour Maske Kostüm Verkleidung Erwachsene
- Transformers- BADCUBE - OLD TIME SERIES -13 PIPER - Please see notes for Promo
- Vintage Lot of Transformers Cars Robots Figures w Case
- Hello Kitty TY Soft Toy Bundle 4 x McDonalds 2001 Colourful Seasons Rare
- USED GEMSeries BLEACH Toshiro Hitsugaya Figure MegaHouse JP
- Ty Mcdonalds Beanie Babies set of 28
- PJ Masks Season 2 Romeo’s Transforming Lights Sounds Lab 9 Pc Play Set
- MASSIVE Gigantic LOT OF KNEX
- Lego Classic Town - 377 Shell Service Station
- Dragon Ball Heroes GM HG7 SAMPLE Set 7 7 (6 CP et 1UR)
- Revell 05230 63.4 cm Cruiser Ship Aida Model Kit
- 1992 1994 Starting Lineup Joe Montana Dan Marino Emmitt Smith Lot Great Shape
- DC Collectibles Designer Series The Flash by Francis Manapul Statue. Brand New
- G.I. Joe ARAH 1982 STALKER Complete w File Card Action Figure VERY NICE
- Kotobukiya ADE49 Cu-poche Extra Belle no Kimagure Twintail Set From Japan F S
- Magic The Gathering Are. Of The Planeswalkers + Large Vintage Card Lot
- ZF857 Cape Hobby 1 72 maquette avion CHG017 Arado Ar E.340 1939 Bomber B Project
- MTG Magic the Gathering Earthcraft Rare Signed by Artist Randy Gallegos EX NM
- IB Logo
- Nextlabel Close Worst Coherence des Vol.1 Bigboss Candidate 1box (Japan Wicht
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.