We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Figure Male Hot 12 For A Set Suit Business Gentlemen 6 1 Toys USA FROM SHIP 17540dzaf3587-Modern Doll Clothes & Fashion Accs
- 1971 Big Jim Sports Camper and Accessories
- DAMTOYS 1 6 MARINE FORCE RECON COMBAT DIVER DESERT MARPAT VER78056figure
- Funko Pop Rides Ghostbusters 24 Ecto 1 With Slimer Comic-Con Edition
- King & Land The Real Westen TRW134 Apache Scout MIB
- Nendgoldid 031 DEATH NOTE L Reindeer Version Figure ood Smile Company
- NEW Nendgoldid 468 Shikinami Asuka Langley EVANGELION RACING Ver. Figure F S
- Sideshow Life Size Bust Marvel Venom
- B-747 WITH SHUTTLE 1 200 DISCOVERY
- Phil Hill Figur für 1 18 Ferrari 156 CMC
- TLS Loyal Subjects Power Rangers Set Of 8 Basic 2 16 Mighty Morphin' Lot
- Verwendet Kaibutsu Kun Turnschuhe Weich Vinyl Figur F S
- RARE TY BEANIE BABIES EXCLUSIVE RAIN FOREST CAFE LEOPOLD 2007 RETIRED
- WCW World Championship Wrestling STING NWO RED 48 Inflatable Bop Bag NIB 1998
- Mask toy collectibles pieces and parts
- New In Box Autoart McLaren MP4-12C orange 1 18 Alloy Japan Import Authentic
- TY Fashion Flippy Sequin Purses - SET of 9 FALL 2018 Releases (8 inch) - MWMTs
- Vtg 1996 BERNIE Dog Beagle Style Ty Beanie Baby Retired PVC Errors
- Carnage Tyrant - XLN Prerelease Promo NM MTG Promo Magic
- MTG Unlimited Dwarven Warriors BGS 9.0 (9) Mint Card Magic Quad 4 X 9's 3062
- ACI Toys 1 6 Power Set - Greek Hoplite 2.0_ Suit Set C _Warriors Ancient AT100Y
- De una Sola Pieza Nico.robin - Aniversario 20th Ver
- EDBIG5344 - Eduard Big Ed Set 1 200 - HMS Hood Pt.I (Trumpeter)
- Fujimi model 1 700 ship NEXT series No.13 Navy Battleship Nagato From
- Oxford History Of Fliegen 1 72 Supermarine Möwe Mkk V Raaf, G-Akiu 72SW001
- Fools paradise The tabletop about Leon-The Professional Collectible Figure New
- Kenner a partire da Lineup Sport 1994 Pittsburgh Penguins Mario Lemieux
- MOTU CLASSICS BOW ACTION FIGURE MATTEL HE-MAN SHE-RA MASTERS UNIVERSE W MAILER
- Neu Nendgoldid Osomatsu Mr Matsuno Hitotsumatsu Non-Scale Actionfigur F S
- Schleich® 72011 Xarok mit Drachen NEU OVP
- Trans Formers Battle Command Optimus Prime
- Antique Large Baldwin Mfg Co Brooklyn NY Toy Canon Wood & Steel 890 1930's 40's
- LEGO® Harry Potter 75955 Hogwarts Express - NEU OVP
- HUGE LOT of 12 McDONALD'S TY Teenie Beanie Babies - COMPLETE 1998+1999+Countries
- LEGO-MINECRAFT-21135-The Crafting Box 2.0-NEW-717 PCS-Complete Set-Sealed Box
- TY Beanie Babies Peace Bear Error With Valentino Tag P.E. Pellets RARE
- Workshop Lego 10245 Creator Expert Santa Set Holiday Winter Christmas New In Box
- Hasegawa 1 72 TBM-3S2 Avenger J.M.S.D.F. Model Kit NEW from Japan
- 1 6 scale Toy Hot Toys Iron Man The Mandarin Embroidered Dark Green Robe
- Collectible Figure Pixi The Smurf with a bunch of flowers 6419 (2016)
- Free -Eternal Summer- Rei Ryugazaki 1 8th Scale PVC Pre-painted Figure
- Kawasaki ki-48-iib Type 99' SOKEI (Lily) , 1 48, AZ Model, Plastic, NEW
- Five Star Models 1 700 IJN Light Cruiser Kashima Upgrade Set for Aoshima
- Klingon Renegades battle cruiser full size 1 1000 or 1 1400
- 1x Tetsuo Umezawa NM-Mint, Italian Legends MTG Magic
- Foil Sulfurous Springs - 7th - 7e - Seventh - Magic the Gathering MTG
- IB Logo
- 1973 Hot Wheels Ramblers Playing Mantis Bike
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.