We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
WIRELESS AM BY MEGATRON G1 TRANSFORMERS 1984 MICROPHONE NASTA Offer Make 17540dzaf91427-Transformers & Robots
- 3.5 x 20 Clamp On Stainless Steel Silencer Exhaust Box Body 2 3 8 (60mm) Bore
- Dc Justice League True-Moves Series The Flash Figure 12 Toy Play Mattel New
- GI Joe 1992 Convention FOOTLOOSE AKA Rumbler Sealed
- Legacy Of Revoltech Lr-011 Della Regina Lama Captain Of The Royal Guardia Elina
- Manga Serie 001 Cobra The Space Pirata Kingdom come Soul Of Morbido Vinile 9
- NEW Transformers Movie MD-09 Bone Crusher
- SOLDIER STORY EODMU-11EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL MOBILE UNIT ELEVEN SS055
- 1x Taiga MTG Revised RED GREEN DUAL LAND LP
- RARE AeroClassics 1 400 PSA Douglas DC-9 N708PS Smile
- ThreeA 3A Toys UK TK Search And Destory 1 12th Scale Collectible Action Figure
- UNION CREATIVE BLAME KILLY 1 12 SCALE ACTION FIGURE NUOVO NEW
- Vintage 1950s Marionette Puppet Clown Jester Fortune Teller Pop Up in Box
- Beyblade Burst Super Z Modified Bigget CP Winning Valkyrie gold + 5Disc gold
- Lego Duplo Thomas Tank Engine Parts Lot - Thomas, Percy, Harold, Other Parts
- 1950's, Howdy Doody, Welch's Bottle Tag (Scarce)
- 2x Girls Fashion Hair Styling Dolls Head Play Set Kid Toy Beauty Girl Gift
- AIRFIX Coastal Defence Assault Set
- Corgi 1 72nd Scale Eurofighter Typhoon FGr.4 Die cast Model Item No. AA36408
- YUGIOH DRAGONS OF LEGEND SERIES 2 1ST EDITION BOOSTER BOX BLOWOUT CARDS
- 196 schtroumpf paquet OMO smurf puffo puffi pitufo publicitaire PUB T.Rare
- Dai Shogun - Kiriko Hattori Ninja Ver 3D Mouse Pad
- Official Wizards of The Coast Signed Dan Frazier Mox Pearl PlayMat
- XK125 AIRFIX 1 72 maquette helicoptere WESTLAND AEROSPATIALE LYNX HAS3 Ref.03054
- Mini-Champs Ladder Car 1 43
- Figma Ex Ritt Mini Bike yellow von Max Factory By Freeing
- Joe Ledbetter Burned Print kidrobot wheaty wheat luke chueh
- MegaHouse Naruto Shippuuden - Kakashi and Naruto Chess Piece Collection
- RARE 1979 Japanese DC Comics keshi rubber 7 figure set BATMAN FLASH SUPERGIRL
- Hornby R3667 Gwr Classe 2721 0-60 2779 Neuf dans Sa Boîte
- TF DreamWorks Transformers GOD-01 L class Skyfire Metallic
- Lego HeartLake Playground 41325 New Unopened Gift Wrap Available
- MR POTATO HEAD - DC - SUPERMAN
- LEGO CITY BOMBEROS LANCHA CONTRA INCENDIOS 7906 - NUEVO, PRECINTADO SIN ABRIR
- TAKARA TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH DOTM STRIKER OPTIMUS PRIME DA28 ACTION FIGURES TOY
- FUNKO POP MY LITTLE PONY DJ PON-3 VAULTED VINYL FIGUREFAST POST
- Pokemon Pikachu in Charmander Sleeping Bag 24 cm Nebukuro Collection Plush Toy
- MTG Unlimited Natural Selection MODERATE PLAY MAGIC
- 1988 Starting Lineup Kellen Winslow San Diego Chargers Missouri Tigers Rookie
- DC Collectibles FLASH ACTION FIGURE (TV SEASON 3 COSTUME) CW Version
- G I Joe Big Bear Oktober Guard Anti-Armor Specialist 1991 MOC
- Rare and Vintage Jeep Kits Set (4)
- 1 72 Lunar Orbiter Spacecraft 'Kaguya'
- 1 72 Monogram Revell NASA Space Shuttle Plastic Scale Model Kit Sealed NEW
- Daron Worldwide Trading F A-18C VFA131 Wildcats Vehicle Multi-Coloured
- Copper Tablet NM MTG Beta Magic VHTF
- IB Logo
- 30 Sentai Red Hero Large Group Entertainment Hobby Figure Sci-Fi Toy Boy's C07
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.