We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
GI 1987 Box, w Wolf Cobra Joe 17540dzaf81497-Military & Adventure
- Variant Play Arts Kai No. 4 Flash Action Figure E NEW & MISB 100% AUTHENTIC
- Collectable Russian Toys Doll plastic 7 toy set soviet ussr russia rare vintage
- Lego Pirates 852750 TIC TAC TOE 90 Pcs Board Game 10 minifigures NISB
- Lego Ninjago Masters of Spinjitzu Set 70734 Retired Set Free P&P
- RARE VINTAGE 1994 LEGO DUPLO 2682 AMBULANCE SET NEW SEALED
- New In Box Good Smile Company figma Bakemonogatari Tsubasa Hanekawa Figure
- Relinquished - MRL-029 - Ultra Rare - 1st Edition, Near Mint,YGO
- Dragon Ball Super TCG Ultimate Box Set Sealed NEW Sealed
- Yu-Gi-Oh PSA 10 Gem MINT Set Egyptian Gods Ra, Obelisk, Slifer
- Magic MTG Beta Single Serra Angel - HEAVY PLAY (HP)
- BOEING B-17 FLYING FORTRESS 1 200 diecast plane model aircraft Hogan
- 1994 MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS CANNON WEAPON NEW
- DC COMICS - Batman 1966 - Batman Premium Format Figure 1 4 Statue Sideshow
- 7 Shadowless Base Pokemon Card Charizard 4 Blastoise 2 Venusuaur 25 102 Alakazam
- Figma Fleet Collection Ship This Togitsu Wind Nonsukeru Abs & Pvc Painted Action
- John Jenkins Inter Guerra Aviazione ACE-215 USA Grunman F4f-3 Wildcat Fighter
- Megahouse Super Robo Galatt Galatt Jumbow Variable Action Hi-Spec Action Figure
- Rare Genuine Transfomers Perfect Cyclonus by Jizaitoys 11 out of 40 Jizai Toys
- Square Enix PLAY ARTS Kai Mass Effect 3 ASHLEY WILLIAMS Figure
- TRANSFORMERS GIGAPOWER GP HQ-02R GRASSOR SLAG MASTER ROBOTS
- WWE ALL 4 BUNDLE COMPLETE BUILD A PAUL BEARER WRESTLING ELITE ACTION FIGURE
- LEGO NINJAGO Masters of Spinjitzu Dragon Pit 70655 Ninja Toy Building Kit...
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON SPIN MASTER HEATHER & WINDSHEAR PLAYSET FIGURES TOY
- Lego The Hobbit MICRO SCALE BAG END Set w Bilbo Baggins SDCC 2013 Comic-Con
- Nendgoldid Kotori Minami 4571368445292 Manga Anime
- Spongebob SquarePants Commercial Poster Cast Bubbles Sponge Bob Square Pants
- Lego The Ender Dragon Set [itm4] 21117 Minecraft
- HG10703G Hogan Thai A350-900 1 200 W Gear Reg hs-Thb Model Airplane
- Jc Wings JCLH2150 1 200 Hainan Airlines Airbus A350-900xwb Reg Tba con Soporte
- 84113 QUI GON JINN W CLOAK. Hasbro. Shipping Included
- DC UNIVERSE CLASSICS YOUNG JUSTICE MATTEL 3.75 & 6 FIGURE LOT OF 46
- GI JOE DOLL FIGURE LOT (5) 12 HASBRO 90'S WITH ACCESSORIES
- Les Potatous - Playskool - Doudou le chou-chou
- Inflight 200 1 200 Collection Series 1 Set of 4 737-200's Airlines of Africa NIB
- Roman Empire Gladiator Samnite model figure miniature colosseum 125mm legio
- Tamiya 61106F - F-16c N Aggressor Adversary 1 48 Escala Kit
- IB Logo
- 3ago Mauro Fighting Jc (Adventure Kartel) Action Figure Three a SEALED L
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.