We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Batman Two-Face 13-Inch Collectible Figure 17540whei7307-Comic Book Heroes
- 1 18 Unimax Forces of Valor U.S Army Platoon Recon Squad Figures Soldiers 4
- CORROSION BATTLEFORCE 2000 GI JOE Con 2017 3.75 Inch BAGGED ULTIMATE ENEMIES
- Funko Batman The Animated Series Poison Ivy Pop Heroes Figure
- KING & COUNTRY DIORAMA SP088-GR RUSSIAN OFFICER MOUNTED ON GREYSTONE PLINTH MIB
- Myth cloth julian solo poseidon
- New Fivestar Toy x MAGICAL MOSH MISFITS ROBINMASK HENTAI Kinnikuman Sofvi F S
- Set of 12 Knights of the Dinner Table - Pewter Miniature Figures - Sealed
- Miniart 1 35 Tiran 4 Sh Early Type Interior Kit
- Peddinghaus 2584 1 32 Cl-13 Sabre Commodore Erich Hartmann Jg 71 Richthofen
- Transformers Emergeceny Responce FIRST AID deluxe Predectobot RATCHET amazon
- RARE LEGO Ninjago 70604 Tiger Widow Island (USED)
- LEGO - New & Sealed Abc780
- LEGO Classic 10693 Creative Supplement New In Box Sealed
- Mattel Masters Of The Universe Classics Multi-Bot Evil Robot Of A 1000 Bodies
- The Lego Movie Super Secret Police Dropship Building Set by LEGO
- Pokemon Tropical Wind 2008 World Championships Promo Top Thirty-Two PSA 8 NM M
- 1975 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400 Vintage Promo Model, Yellow
- Eduard EDK8231 MiG-21MF 1 48 Plastic Kit
- MTG Magic Miscut Misprint Connectors Mountain, Vivid Grove Commander 2013 NM
- 2000 Jurassic World Movie 10 Dinosaur Action Figure With Battle Damage & Sound
- DC Comics Gotham City Garage Harley Quinn Statue
- GJ1597 Gemini Vietnam A321 1 400 Old Livery VN-A608 Model Airplane
- Eduard 8281 1 48 Spitfire Mk.IXc late version
- TRUMPETER 1 350 WW II BRITISH NAVY HMS ESKIMO DESTROYER 1941 MODEL KIT 05331 NIB
- Figure CBGB PUNK OMFUG 315 BADD APPLE
- Justice League Unlimited 6 Figure Box Set Justice League Eclipsed IP
- MIB BIG JIM MATTEL COMMANDER 9269 VINTAGE
- Red Skull Premium Format Figure by Sideshow Collectibles Allied Charge on Hydra
- Ron English Mcsupersized Secret Base 2009 secretbase mc supersized super sized
- THURMAN MUNSON 1999 ROMITO COOPERSTOWN FIGURINE MINI STATUE YANKEES LEGEND RARE
- Vintage Lakeside GUMBY FIREMAN ADVENTURE COSTUME MOC
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon New Sealed (1329 PCS)
- LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader Bust 75277 2019 20 YRS Target Exclusive IN HAND
- LEGO Creator Expert London Bus 10258 LEGO
- Pokemon Center original stuffed animal BIG size Nyaonikusu (male noodles) Nyasp
- Dreamworld Shrek Puss in Boots Plush Soft Stuffed Doll Toy 16'' 40 cm
- 1 200 BB-39 ARIZONA R C Running Gear Set Trumpeter WWII US Navy Battleship
- 86127 TAKARA TRANSFORMERS MPM04 MPM-04 MASTERPIECE OPTIMUS PRIME
- DC Universe Club Infinite Earths Exclusive Action Figure Starman. DC Comics
- GI Joe Dragonfly W Wild Bill Missiles Bombs Gun 1983 Vintage Nice Clean Works
- Jonas Follower Yamaha YZR-M1 Motogp 2017 1 12 Minichamps
- 1 700 Hasegawa 014 Maritime Self-Defense Force Escort Ship
- 1 35 scale Built and Painted Soviet SU 122 Tank
- Airbus A380-800 THAI AIRWAYS 1 200 Herpa 556774-001 A380 A 380 HS-TUD
- YuGiOh L3 LE5 Rare Japanese Set Summoned Skull Dark Paladin Victory Dragon More
- IB Logo
- Buddy Ed B Award Kamen Rider figure of lottery series BEAMS special effects un
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.