We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
and Ant-Man Diamond Statue ANTMAN Gallery Comics Marvel The Select Movie Wasp 17540hsec3587-Comic Book Heroes
- 1971 Big Jim Sports Camper and Accessories
- DAMTOYS 1 6 MARINE FORCE RECON COMBAT DIVER DESERT MARPAT VER78056figure
- Funko Pop Rides Ghostbusters 24 Ecto 1 With Slimer Comic-Con Edition
- King & Land The Real Westen TRW134 Apache Scout MIB
- Nendgoldid 031 DEATH NOTE L Reindeer Version Figure ood Smile Company
- NEW Nendgoldid 468 Shikinami Asuka Langley EVANGELION RACING Ver. Figure F S
- Sideshow Life Size Bust Marvel Venom
- B-747 WITH SHUTTLE 1 200 DISCOVERY
- Phil Hill Figur für 1 18 Ferrari 156 CMC
- Transformers - G1 - Superion + box & cards
- USED Good Smile Steins Gate Kurisu Makise PVC Figure (1 8 Scale)JP
- Authentic Ty Beanie Baby Jake - MWMT
- 3 Brand New Lego Sets - 853865 Sewer Babies 853866 Ninjago 853744 Batman
- PBS Kids Dinosaur Train LOT of 3 Interactive Talking Figures w 2 Mini Train Figs
- Lego Racers 8681 Tuner Garage - rare set - brand new
- Rare Ty Original Beanie Baby 1999 HOLIDAY TEDDY With Errors Mistakes Spelling
- 1 6 X-Men Professor in bluee suits Younger Professor 12 Action Figure 1 6 scale
- WoW Kiting LOOT-Karte Beutekarte
- HGUC Mobile Suit Gundam NT Unicorn Gundam Unit 3 Fenekusu (Destroy Mode) (narrat
- 16d Sofubi Collection 004 WWE Shinsuke Nakamura Figure Pro-Wrestling Ingram
- D0500572 S.N.A.K.E. SNAKE GI JOE COBRA UNUSED ORIGINAL DECALS 100% COMPLETE
- Trumpeter 1 48 HU-16A Albatross
- (TRU02247) - Trumpeter 1 32 - Grumman F8F-1 Bearcat
- Western Models 1 200 Korean Air Boeing 720-023 HL7403 (ACHL7403) Model Plane
- Funko games pop Crimes of Grindwald AUGUREY NYCC 2018
- KING & COUNTRY LUFTWAFFE LW065 WW2 GERMAN ACE MAJOR HERMANN GRAF MIB
- Nanatsuiro Drops Akihime Plum (1 8 Skeletal Pvc Painted)Cool Japan
- New Good Smile Kantai Collection Kancolle Nagato Figma Japan Import
- SGT Koulikov Russian Sniper - Nude Body - 1 6 Scale - DID Action Figures
- TRANSFORMERS 2011 REVEAL THE SHIELD RTS LUGNUT VOYAGER CLASS 100% COMPLETE RARE
- [LEGO] JUNIORS Anna & Elsa's Frozen Playground 10736 2017 Version Free Shipping
- Lego Duplo for the first time Duplo (R) Kazu plays train 10847
- SpongeBob Square Pants Connect 4 Game Hasbro Ages 6+ Toy 2 Players Boys Girls
- Lego Duplo Dragon Animal Large Green Tan Rare Collectible Excellent RARE 2004-06
- Retired Lego Bionicle Inika Set In Container Toa Nuparu 8729 NEW & SEALED
- Vinyl Scratch DJ PON-3 10 Plush Beanie My Little Pony
- Weiss e black TCG - Fate Apocrypha Booster x 20
- 5Pcs lot JOYTOY Acid Rain 1 27 Russian ALPHA CORPS Army Special Forces
- DC Universe Classics Clash in the Cosmos Brainiac 6 action figure
- GI Joe Cobra Enemy Hooded Cobra Commander Collectible Figure
- 1 700 Aoshima Maritime Self-Defense Force Escort Ship Hyuga Limited Edition
- Kyosho 1 18 Shelby Cobra 427 S C
- Vaude Ayo Unisex Outdoor Bag available in Navy - Medium
- Takom 5002 US M1070 & M1000 w D9R U.S.70 Ton Tank Transporter w Bulldozer 1 72
- 1 700 Big bluee Boy USS Wasp class LHD include 70081 (for HOBBYBOSS
- IB Logo
- Marvel Minimates TRU Wave 18 Fighting Chance Captain America And Marvel's Falcon
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.