We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Juego Accesorio Femenino Militar 6 1 Toys Cat a Personaje brown 014a Multicam 17540whei21287-New toy
- 2017 McFarlane ESA Sports Madden NFL 18 Ezekiel Elliott Cowboys LE EXCLUSIVE
- DC Direct Deluxe Action Figure Set Green Arrow & Speedy Action Figures complete
- Get Ready Kids Ocean Animal Playset
- Lanfeust de Troy coffret 10 mini statuettes metal Decotoys 20740 limite signe
- MAFEX No.007 MAFEX Batman The Dark Knight Rises BATMAN Released 2015
- New Sega Persona 4 The golden Animation P4GA Marie Premium Figure
- Skytube Nogizaka Haruka No Himitsu Cold Fundido Figura (1 6 Escala)
- Magic the Gathering MtG 2015 PLANESWALKERS OF THE MULTIVERSE boxed set
- Vintage Airfix Kit Modello Hawker Hurricane Scala 1 72 Primo Numero
- Tintin - Editions Atlas - N° 58 La voiture des gansters Tintin en Amérique neuf
- Villains C Awards Kamui villain ver. Figure separately and boon companion of lot
- Lego Train 9V Set 4554-1 Metro Station 100% complete + instructions + box
- LOT DUPLO LEGO HOCHET TEL CUBES
- NEW Lego Star Wars Inperial AT-ST UCS Sealed World Wide Shipping
- NEW SEALED LOOK LEGO Bionicle Toa Hordika Nokama Set DS
- LEGO System Town 6490 Amazon Crossing NEW Sealed RARE Vintage MISB
- Trumpeter 1 700 Hms Warspite 1942
- MTG Magic Lord Of Atlantis International Collectors Edition IE PSA 9 Mint N94
- B5648 Executive Desktop HH-53E Super Jolly Green Giant 1 48 Model Helicopter
- 86Hero Herocross HMF-041 Metal Transformers Optimus Prime Figure. MSRP 167
- DC Universe Exclusive Justice League Unlimited Fan Collection Action Figure
- Star Wars Destiny Spirit of Rebellion x 36 Boosters
- MTG Magic the Gathering Unlimited ICY MANIPULATOR Light Play (EBB08)
- MAISTO 1 18 Scale - 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz - Pink - M36813
- Femme Fatales Dawn PVC Figure by Diamond Select
- Ironfactory IF EX-29 12cm Rush Beats Jazz Robot Action PVC Figure New
- Medicom Toy Mafex No.67 Mafex Robocop Statuetta Giappone Ufficiale Importazione
- PULCHRA Senran Kagura Yumi 1 7 Figure 140 mm Japan
- Star Saga Sci-Fi Adventure Board Game FREE UK P&P
- Tamashii Limited Robot Spirits Soul Gundam Sentinel MSA-007T black trainer TYPE
- Mattel MoTuC Masters Of The Universe Classics STRONG-OR He-man Skeletor
- Lego display case LEGO Star Wars UCS Death Star 75159 ( Aus Seller)
- Knex Kid K`Nex Budding Builders Tub Building Kit, Varies Model
- Ben 10 Alien Force Humungousaur Action Figure [Defender]
- LEGO® Star Wars™ 8095 General Grievous' Starfighter NEU & OVP new sealed
- Lego the Simpsons Kwik-E-Mart 71016 New Original Box New Misb
- Trumpeter 00223 1 35 German Armored Train PanzerTriebwagen Nr.16
- 1986 LJN WWF The Magnificent Muraco AFA 75 (EX+ NM) Series 3 Figure WWE WCW
- Dc Action Figure Injustice Cyborgs and Harley Quinn Dc Collectibles
- Funny Knights Fate EXTELLA Altria Pendragon resort Vacances ver. Events limite
- Enterprise NX-01 Refit Star Trek Special Edition Eaglemoss w Mag Special
- Meng VS009 1 35 British Army HUSKY TSV (Tactical Support Vehicle)
- HERPA WINGS 1 500 SCALE ICELANDAIR BOEING 757-200 AURORA MODEL BN 529129
- Hobbyboss Model 86505 1 350 French Navy Pre-Dreadnought Battleship Condorcet
- Dumas Products, Inc. DH C-2 Beaver, 30 306 660141003065
- IB Logo
- DAM DAMTOYS MUS010B Museum Series Green ALLOSAURUS Bust Collectible Head Statue
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.