We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Biters and Bashers World Hasbro INDOMINUS Jurassic Rare Figure Dinosaur REX 17540wxea7307-Animals & Dinosaurs
- 1 18 Unimax Forces of Valor U.S Army Platoon Recon Squad Figures Soldiers 4
- CORROSION BATTLEFORCE 2000 GI JOE Con 2017 3.75 Inch BAGGED ULTIMATE ENEMIES
- Funko Batman The Animated Series Poison Ivy Pop Heroes Figure
- KING & COUNTRY DIORAMA SP088-GR RUSSIAN OFFICER MOUNTED ON GREYSTONE PLINTH MIB
- Myth cloth julian solo poseidon
- New Fivestar Toy x MAGICAL MOSH MISFITS ROBINMASK HENTAI Kinnikuman Sofvi F S
- Set of 12 Knights of the Dinner Table - Pewter Miniature Figures - Sealed
- Miniart 1 35 Tiran 4 Sh Early Type Interior Kit
- Peddinghaus 2584 1 32 Cl-13 Sabre Commodore Erich Hartmann Jg 71 Richthofen
- Transformers DA03 Optimus Prime Mech Tech Trailer Japan
- Vintage Retro Boxed Lego Space Ship 6780 Light and Sound
- Detective Conan Acrylic Key Chain Flyer 2 Types
- 1991 Apollo Batman Returns 1 24 Radio Controlled Batmobile
- Twinkle Pretty Cure Star color Pen Soleil
- MINT New Sealed Lego City 10155 Maersk Line Container Ship Discontinued
- 1984 Kids Stuff Book Record Set 45 RPM Tarzan Pac Man Flash Gordon Care Bears
- Hasegawa F-104S Starfighter 'Italian Special' 1 48 Model Kit P N 09618
- [1x] Cabal Coffers [x1] Torment Slight Play, English -BFG- MTG Magic
- MTG Magic - [1x] SIGARDA, HOST OF HERONS foil NM Ultimate Masters Box Topper
- 1983 Tokuma Shoten MACROSS DICTIONARY mini-book 130 pages VHTF Robotech GD cond.
- Dark knight Batman action Cape 14 inch DC Mattel action figure
- Wall of Swords Alpha PLD-SP White Uncommon MAGIC GATHERING CARD (32396) ABUGames
- CHAOTIC FORCE STRIKE PROMO BRAND NEW SILENT SANDS
- Takom 2046 1 35 Sd.Kfz.182 King Tiger Porsche Turret w Zimmerit Hot
- Fate hollow ataraxia Iria Figure 1 8 Kotobukiya Japan
- Iron Factory IF EX-20K Tyrants Wings Kallaite Action Figure New Robot
- MEDICOM SOFUBI SHUTEN-DJI YELLOW VERSION VINYL ACTION FIGURE NEW
- PreSale MEDICOM TOY UDF PEANUTS Series 9 Figure 7 pcs set Snoopy Charlie Brown
- Tau Empire Crisis Suits painted [Magnetized weapons options] (commission )
- UFC Collection KEVIN RANDLEMAN Toy Action Figure Jakk's Pacific
- 59'' Cartoon OA Carpet Filled Bed Giant Snorlax Kabigon Sofa Birthday Toys 150cm
- Family Guy 11 Stewie Pointing Arm Position Talking Plush with multiple sayings
- LEGO 10747 Juniors Andrea and Stephanies Beach Holiday
- Limited Beyblade BB-47G Earthquilla 105HF S with Metal Face Event Special
- 150 Piece Set with Stronger Magnets, Sturdy, Super Durable
- Lego Vintage 6389 Fire Control Centre (1990) complete with box and instructions
- Verlinden mm 1 15 8.8cm FlaK 37 German Anti-Aircraft Tank Artillery Gun
- 1964 Gi Joe BRITISH SOLDIER Action Figure w accessory's Vintage 1960'S Rare 12
- Daiki Industry 1 6 Scale Painted Finished Product Kanu Unchou Comic 13 Volume
- FUNKO POP MARVEL DAREDEVIL TV DAREDEVIL 2nd SEASON HELMET FIGURE NEW
- Iron Creek Models 32001 1 32 WWII Soviet I16 Type 24 Fighter (New Tool)
- Bras Droit De L'interdit (RP01-FR019) Carte YuGiOh Neuve RARISSIME
- Hobbymaster HA1029 Japan JASDF F-104J Starfighter 206 Sqn Chrome Limited Ed MIB
- 1 43 Heco FERRARI 412 1985 n BBR AMR
- 1959 Oldsmobile 98 HT Promo, graded 9 out of 10.
- IB Logo
- HONDA Asimo Action Figure 1 10 Scale Humanoid Robot JAPAN Official Free
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.