We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
(Die-Cast) DieCast Metal 4 - COMICS DC - METALS JADA NEW POISON 4 Act (M373) IVY 17540adao4517-Anime & Manga
- New In Box Phat Company Idol Master [email protected] Azusa Miura 1 8 Fi From japan
- LEGO® NINJAGO™ 70624 Vermillion Eindringling NEU OVP_Vermillion Invader NEW MISB
- Ty 1996 Ty Beanie Baby Claude the Crab
- WWE 14249 Pop Vinyl Finn Balor
- 1992 Popeye the Sailor Man Vintage King Features Syndicate Toy Plush WOW
- Lego Friends Set 3188-1 Heartlake Vet 100% complete + instructions + box
- Brand New Gemini Jets 1 200 Qantas Link Fokker 100 G2QFA566 Reg VH- NHY
- Havilland DH.91 Albatross, Imperial Airways (1 72 model kit, Valom 72130)
- T-54A FULL SERIES MINIART 1 35 SCALE PLASTIC MODEL BUILDING MILLITARY MINIATURES
- 24441 Yu-Gi-Oh 20AP-JP000 bluee-Eyes White Dragon Holographic Parallel Rare
- 1 700 Combrig Models USS CL-2 Birmingham Cruiser, 1908
- 3R DID TOY CITY DRAGON ALERT LINE 1 6 RUSSIAN SOVIET RED ARMY SET 19
- DC Super Friends Legion of doom Retro Styled SOLOMON GRUNDY 8 inch Figure NEW
- MTG Alpha Pirate Ship BGS 8.0 NM-MT Card Magic the Gathering WOTC 1404
- FansToys FT-22 MP Robot Koot Kap New
- INCREDIBLE HULK TALKING ACTION PHONE TORSO TWISTING ACTION 13 MARVEL (AVENGERS)
- McFarlane Toys NFL Denver Broncos Playmakers Series 2 Tim Tebow Action Figure
- Powermaster Optimus Prime G1 Vintage Autobot Leader
- Skytube Heaven's Lost Property Astraea PVC Figure (Swimsuit Version 2.0) (1 7 Sc
- Transformers Cyber Slammer Bumblebee 74 Camaro. Hasbro. Brand New
- VINYL COLLECTIBLE DOLLS Doraemon with Ear by Medicom
- NEW Pokemon Center Online Plush doll Life size Vaporeon
- Vintage 1950s Collectible Model of Tank Warfare Toy Military Vehicle Hobbies
- Lego- City 7630 Front-End Loader. Brand New
- Authenticated Patti (Platypus) MWMT MQ 3rd 2nd gen Ty Beanie Baby (SP)
- LEGO Lord of the Rings 10237 The Tower of Orthanc Factory Sealed NIB Retired
- Mint Kuroko Basketball Figuarts Zero Tetsuya
- HASEGAWA 10717 1 200 JAL B7 From japan
- 09515 Trumpeter 1 35 Model Russian BMPT-72 Terminator-2 Plastic Armored Car Kit
- 2000 americas finest police officer by 21st century toys
- DC Comics Funko Pop Batman V Superman - Superman
- G1 TRANSFORMER SEACON PIRANACON SNAPTRAP COMPLETE PROF CLEANED LOT
- KOTOBUKIYA MARVEL LADY THOR BISHOUJO STATUE 100% AUTHENTIC BRAND NEW
- B&K Model Metal Gundam Robot Hand Set Gunpla Conversion Parts Lot 11
- Daron Skymarks Klm 787-9 W Gear 1 200 SKR945 Airplane Model
- Tamiya 1 25 Deluxe Tanks No.14 British Tank Centurion Mk.Iii Display New
- IB Logo
- Noble Collection - Harry Potter réplique baguette de Lord Voldemort (version bas
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.