We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
º 1997 GTR F1 Mclaren 10 N Serie Sudadera Sue 24 1 17540dzaf6377-New toy
- Vintage Wen-Mac AMF bluee Mustang Toy Model Car
- B46 Mega Bloks Spider-Man & Friends Fire Station Rescue pcs- New
- Lego Cross Bone Clipper Set 6250 Pirates Pirates I
- 1978-1979 SWEET TREATS Ice Cream Bars “CHERRY DELICIOUS”NIC By Mattel UNPUNCHED
- TY Beanie Babies, Patti the Platypus, Style 4025, DOB 1-6-93, PVC Pellets Errors
- Lego The Hobbit Dol Guldur Battle (No Minifigs)
- TAMIYA 1 72 KI-61- ID HIEN - T60789
- Tamiya 1 16 Kübelwagen Typ 82 (DAK) includes 2 figures
- 1 X Müll Eimer Kinder 2014 Serie 2 Booster Kiste Edition Neu Versiegelt
- Phoenix 1 400 Air New Zealand Boeing 747-400 ZK-SUJ Lord of the Rings PH4ANZ866
- COWF-0036 - 55th New York State Militia Guard de Laffayette - Edmunds
- 1964 VINTAGE GI JOE JOEZETA 1966 SOTW FRENCH RESISTANCE HASBRO MEDAL
- Daiteikoku Mikado Swimwear Version PVC Figure
- Vintage Matchbox Cars From The 1960's, 40+ Diecast Cars in Vinyl Carrying Case
- Fansproject - SAURUS RYU-OH - Set of 6 Combiner - NEW - FLAWLESS
- Imports dragon 2.5 figures world cup series 2016 box of 20
- McFarlane Toys Five Nights At Freddy's The Closet Construction Set
- Power Rangers Soul Of Chogokin Gx-78 Dragonzord Statuetta
- SPIDER-MAN MOVIE GREEN GOBLIN NORMAN OSBORN SUPER POSEABLE REMOVABLE MASK 6
- Transformers Generations Action Figure IDW Voyager Class SPRINGER 30th Annivers
- Wonder Woman Mezco Toys One 12 Collective DC Cinematic Action Figure Movie NEW
- Holiday Greeter Rudolph 22” JUMBO Standing Gemmy Plush Island of Misfit Toys
- I-Woody My first Smartphone. Donkey. Best Price
- LEGO 70708 Galaxy Squad Hive Crawler with 3 mini figures New and Sealed
- Nesoberi CAT Munchkin (Brown) Plush Doll Stuffed Toy Sanei Japan Import
- LEGO Minifigures Lot Of 30 + various series
- LEGO Minecraft The Nether Fortress Set
- Young Mins German Stormtrooper WW1 YM1857 1 10 unpainted bust kit
- Trumpeter 01530 1 35 Russian BMP-3E IFV Infantry Fighting Vehicle Car Model Kit
- 1 6 scale Navy Seal Helicopter Sniper Hawkeye M-14 Sniper Rifle for 12 figure
- COBRA THE SPACE PIRATE CRYSTAL BOWIE figma Max Factory Figure 6.3in DEC131965
- Franklin Mint -statuette The First Citizen“ , American People , 1776-197
- Kidobot The Simpsons Series 2 Hans Moleman Rare Chase South Park Futurama
- Executive Series E0420 NASA Space Shuttle Discovery 1 200 Scale Museum Quality
- CSM 1 32 Nieuport XVII French WWI Fighter New Plastic Model Kit 1 32
- Award Winner Built Dragon 1 35 German 88mm 8.8 CM Flak37 +PE
- IB Logo
- 10 anniversary toki doki simone leno 12in figure new rare
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.