We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
1975 JOEZETA JOE GI VINTAGE 1964 ADVENTURE BOXED COMPLETE COPTER CAPTURE TEAM 17540dzaf21287-Military & Adventure
- 2017 McFarlane ESA Sports Madden NFL 18 Ezekiel Elliott Cowboys LE EXCLUSIVE
- DC Direct Deluxe Action Figure Set Green Arrow & Speedy Action Figures complete
- Get Ready Kids Ocean Animal Playset
- Lanfeust de Troy coffret 10 mini statuettes metal Decotoys 20740 limite signe
- MAFEX No.007 MAFEX Batman The Dark Knight Rises BATMAN Released 2015
- New Sega Persona 4 The golden Animation P4GA Marie Premium Figure
- Skytube Nogizaka Haruka No Himitsu Cold Fundido Figura (1 6 Escala)
- Magic the Gathering MtG 2015 PLANESWALKERS OF THE MULTIVERSE boxed set
- Vintage Airfix Kit Modello Hawker Hurricane Scala 1 72 Primo Numero
- Transformer Foma Futuroscope Tea Cybertron Tfc-20Cool Japan
- Vintage 5 Hasbro G.I. Joe Action Figures With Accessories and Case Box
- LEGO Friends 41007 Heartlake Pet Salon
- Lego Star Wars 75187 BB-8 NEW
- Simpsons New Year's Eve Playset Environment WOS MIB World Of Springfield 2003
- Despicable Me Action Play Set Figurines - Gru, Agnes, Minions Dave, Stuart & Tim
- Ty beanie boo lot of38
- Signed Weiss black Prisma Illya 3rei PI SE31-02SP SP FOIL Fate chain Miyu
- 1 200 Brussels Airlines AIRBUS A320 Passenger Airplane ABS Plastic Plane Model
- 22879 -Reg Og-Cb13 Og Crusade Vol.13 Rakuen He Itaru Mon 15S Box New
- Action Force GI Joe Vintage Rare Crimson Brigade Cobra Hiss Tank complete
- Dept 56 Rudolph Meeting Santa Set of 4
- MTG Magic Origins Booster Box English Magic the Gathering Factory Sealed
- Cathars' Crusade Decree of Justice Commander 2014 NM-M Misprint Miscut (17058)
- Herpa Wings Qantas Airways B737-800WL 1990s color - Broome NG 1 500
- Extreme sets SECTOR 07 MODULAR PANELS POP-UP DIORAMA for 6-7 figures PRESALE
- Igear Robot TF-005B Sharkticon Leader Shark New
- Mcfarlane Nfl Series 30 Peyton Manning (orange Jersey)New
- Portrait Of Pirates One Piece Sailing Again Trafalgar Law Ver.2 Figure Megahouse
- HO Scale DENVER & RIO GRANDE 2-10-2 DCC READY Locomotive IHC New in Box 23435
- Transformers SB-01 First Encounter Action Figure
- Iron Man Helmet Electronic The Avengers Marvel Legends Christmas Gift
- LEGO 76023 The tumbler Set Batman Super Heroes Set New Dmg box
- Beyblade Takara Draciel S A-14 Rare Brand New In Box
- Pokemon Center Original stuffed costume Pikachu's Closet Spring Set
- Goki My Farm Baby Toy. Gollnest & Kiesel. Delivery is Free
- Medicom The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Spider-Man Miracle Action Figure DX Delux
- DRAGON 35 WWII GERMAN Sd.Kfz.164 Nashorn (Poland, Autumn 1944) WW2 Kit
- 1 6 scale toy Navy HALO Jumper - Flight Helmet Set
- Collectible Figurine Pixi Gaston Lagaffe and The Super Giant Ball 6579 (2017)
- Freeing A Certain Magisch Index Index Hase Version PVC Figur
- Flyhawk 1 700 780013 IJN Yamato for Fujimi
- Herpa Wings 500 Cathay Pacific Airways CX B777-200 1997s color 1 500 NG B-HNB
- Breeding Pool foil signed by artist Rob Alexander - Dissenssion, NM-EX+. MTG
- Lone Star Models 1 48 Scale F.E. 8
- Dragon 6940 1 35 Sd.Kfz.171 Panther Ausf.D & Pantherturm Return 2019
- IB Logo
- 2017 NHL Imports Dragon 12 Henrik Lundqvist New York Rangers Limited 1750
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.