We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Kavallerie Körper W Ausrüstung Kosaken Sowjet Weltkrieg Zweiter Divine Mars 17540hsec6377-Military & Adventure
- Vintage Wen-Mac AMF bluee Mustang Toy Model Car
- B46 Mega Bloks Spider-Man & Friends Fire Station Rescue pcs- New
- Lego Cross Bone Clipper Set 6250 Pirates Pirates I
- 1978-1979 SWEET TREATS Ice Cream Bars “CHERRY DELICIOUS”NIC By Mattel UNPUNCHED
- TY Beanie Babies, Patti the Platypus, Style 4025, DOB 1-6-93, PVC Pellets Errors
- Lego The Hobbit Dol Guldur Battle (No Minifigs)
- TAMIYA 1 72 KI-61- ID HIEN - T60789
- Tamiya 1 16 Kübelwagen Typ 82 (DAK) includes 2 figures
- Gemini Jets Boeing W Opening Fuselage B747 Discontinued 1 200
- DRAGON BALL Z DBZ VISUAL ADVENTURE PART 2 CARD PRISM CARTE 45 JAP 1991 G++ EX++
- Ardpol 48-204 PWS-33 Wyżeł, 1 48 High Quality Resin Model Kit
- 2016 Summer Convention Exclusive Deadpool 112 Funko POP Figure - SIGNED BY ROB
- DC Direct Classic Bizarro Bizzaro Bizzarro Bizaro Superman mini bust 563 1300
- Delta MD-90 N904DA Gemini Jets G2DAL719 Scale 1 200
- Fingerlings Minis Blind Bag Series 2 Tammy Shirley Monkey Huge Lot
- Kantai Collection Kan Colle - Hibiki - 1 8 - Anime ver. (Kotobukiya)
- MISB Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide G1 Genuine Takara Autobot
- Ring Toys 1 6 YZBR0001 K K.PRIEST Zombie Hunter Deluxe Ver. New
- SGTOYS 1 6 S-07B Simulation Animal Brown Donkey Resin Figure Model Toy
- Transformers 2014 - Generations Leader Class Jetfire
- Vintage Fortress Maximus Cog Gun Loose Transformers G1 Headmaster
- LEGO Creator 3 in 1 Winter Vacation Minifigures Building Toy Set Box Sealed New
- LEGO Star Wars VIII First Order Star Destroyer 75190 Building Kit
- Lego 75140 Star Wars Resistance Troop Transporter (NEW SEALED) RETIRED PRODUCT
- Lego large train lot, 13 different box cars collection
- Lego NINJAGO 70747 UK SELLER
- MiNi Force X PENTA X BOT BOLT Transformer Boltpenta X Robot to Penta X bot Car
- MTG x4 Spellseeker Battlebond Rare bluee Magic the Gathering NM M SKU
- NEW YuGiOh ARC-V OCG Booster SP Fusion Enforcers BOX KONAMI JAPAN
- 1 7 Scale Super Sonico Mouse Version PVC Statue (Nitro Super Sonic) Wing NEU
- Coomodel Serie de Imperios Metal Gótico Armadura Caballero Exclusivo Ver , 1 6
- Fun Express Large Assorted Dinosaur Toy Figures - 12 Pieces
- King & Country Battle Of The Bulge Bba048 EE.UU. G. I. Acostado Listo MIB
- Wiking Flugzeuge 1 200 Boeing B47 in OVP unbespielt R541
- BGS 9 MTG Magic the Gathering Beta Shatter MINT Condition
- New Colours Lufthansa Airbus A350-900 1 200 Limox Wings Lw200dlh001 A350 Xwb
- IB Logo
- Marvel Legends Series 14.5 Hulk Super Hero Villain Comic Book Collect Green
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.