We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Transformer Carbot Hello Robot Kingdiser Toy Elephant Dragon 17540wxea9797-Transformers & Robots
- Vintage Rare Ojamajo Doremi CLURE PgoldN operation confirmed toy Made in Japan
- Star Wars Figure Ig 88
- LEGO Star Wars Death 75159 Toy
- ANTIGUO hwn CHAPA Edificio Juguete de hojalata PISTA 0 Ferrocarril BARRERAS H0
- Boxed Lego 6929 Starfleet Voyager, 100% COMPLETE, Instructions, Rare
- LEGO Star Wars A-Wing Starfighter 75175 NEW & SEALED
- Boeing 777-200er Pia Pakistan Natures Frutteto 1 200 Limox Li4814gr
- Eduard BIG5323 1 200 USS Arizona Super Detail set Part I for Trumpeter kit
- Kotobukiya Frame Arms Girl Shop Limited Lightning With Fa Girls Final Game
- Magic the Gathering Transmute Artifact MTG Antiquities NM LP 3 of 4 clean
- Italeri Model kit 35 LCM 3 50' LANDING CRAFT
- Action Force Moondancer V2 UK Exclusive With Rare Weapon
- DENNIS RODMAN BAD AS IT GETS LIMITED EDITION, CHANGE HIS HEAD NEW
- Robot Spirits SIDE MS MS-05 Old Zaku ver. A.N.I.M.E. Mobile Suit Gundam New J
- FIGURA HADAS STAY NIGHT blueE HADAS GRAND ORDEN JEANNE D'ARC 25 CM JOAN OF ARC
- Jurrasic World Lot Dinosaurs Action Figures From Movie
- Mezco Toyz 1 12 PX Sovereign Knight Batman bluee Action Figure New JUN188303
- Real Action Heroes Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater Red Camouflage Japan BNIB
- Star Platinum Jojo no kimyo na boken (PVC figure) [JAPAN]
- Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons STARSCREAM Complete Leader Hftd
- WWE conjunto completo LOTE TODOS 6 Mattel Serie Básica 74 FIGURA DE LUCHA
- NEW Surpizamals Mama & Babies Assorted Surprise Plush Christmas Birthday Gift
- Lego friends lot used 3939 3065 Treehouse Vet
- LEGO 9754 Star Wars Mindstorms Dark Side Developer Kit (Brand New In Open Box)
- RARE Cubbie The Bear 1993 RETIRED Original 9 TY Beanie Baby PVC - TUSH INK ERROR
- Antique Victorian lawn croquet “half set” mallets balls Primitive game VTG
- Rilakkuma Egg Doll Brown 35cm(13.7inch) Rilakkuma Egg Character Bear Doll
- Magic The Gathering - Commander 2015 Seize Control (Alpha Games)
- Aviation 400 1 400 Boeing 747-200 Star Air
- 1988 MATTEL MEN OF MEDAL MOC ACTION FIGURE BADGE CLIP ON SWAT TEAM BOMB EXPERT
- DC C3 Construction Riddler Mini Flyer with Mini-mates New in Box
- FZ022 Ultimate Seymo Free Shipping
- Konatsu Exhibition 2018 Negora Ice Pop Soda ver. Sofubi Figure Negora Konatsuya
- Diorama Sherman M4A1 old Phyliss from Fury scale 1 35 built and painted
- Combrig 1 700 Predected Cruiser Pallada, 1903 resin kit
- 1 72 PROFESSIONAL BUILT MODEL WWII LAFFLY 80AM FRENCH ARMORED CAR
- IB Logo
- Ika Musume Luminescent Edition Be-J Limited Invasion Beach Queens 1 10
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.