We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Figure S F Japan from Kotobukiya Action DANBOARD TRANSFORM Yotsuba& NEW 17540adao51077-Anime & Manga
- AC Gilbert Vintage Erector Set Metal Box Case 10073 Musical Ferris Wheel Empty
- 1978 RARE VTG United Features Syndicate Garfield Plush New and Sealed
- Lego 76057 spiderman ponte avengers lotto kg fuori produzione
- Wonder Horse Pony Rolling Horse on Wheels Toddler Size 1-3 yrs 1960s 9 791
- LEGO Education Vehicles Set NEW 9333 Véhicules Set Neuf BOXED
- Lego CREATOR Tower Bridge of London EXPERT Set 10214 4295 Pieces 2010 Huge w BOX
- BigBird 1 400 Australian Airlines Boeing 767-300 VH-OGJ 4-2002-07 Model Plane
- Bulk Magic the Gathering card lot (4500+ mtg cards box) job collection english
- XF-92A Convair USA Interceptor Airplane Handcrafted Wood Model Regular New
- Raw Papers King Size Ks Slim Classic (50 x) Cigarette Paper Booklet Papes
- MTG - 1x Fatal Push FOIL (Aether Revolt) - Japanese
- 2018 MEGO Ltd Edition Target Classic Figure Set - Wizard of Oz - Dgoldthy & Witch
- DC Direct Justice Society Of America PVC Set 1 2 & 3 TAMP0058
- Trumpeter 1 48 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-19PM Farmer E
- Figurine en résine NARNIA statuettes l'OISEAU faucheur statues NECA Ankle Slicer
- Kaiyodo Revoltech Queen's Blade No.007EX ALLAIN 2P color Ver. Action Figure
- Mint Dragon Ball Collectable 10 Pieces
- Revoltech Fist Of The North Star Rivoluzione No.005 Toki Statuetta Kaiyodo Nuovo
- Schleich North America Dunkleosteus Toy Figure
- Toyzeroplus x Scotty.W.Toys WF 2018 Exclusive Demon Craft Judo Master 6 Vinyl
- Véhicule de BD Spirou et Fantasio Zantajet ZX100, Le Garage de Franquin Figures
- Magformers Hexagon (12 Piece) Building Set, Rainbow
- Lego Star Wars 75171 Battle On Scarif, BNIB, X2
- LEGO® Duplo Ausflug auf den Bauernhof 10869
- Mega Bloks Probuilder Extreme Series 1 – Hydra Airborn Support Unit
- Ghibli Jiji Herring Pie Pottery Container Rare
- LEGO Friends Calendario De Adviento para Amigos 41353 incluyen árbol de navidad
- Sd.Kfz. 251 9 Ausf.D 7,5 KWK 1 35 ALREADY BUILD IT
- Platts Girls & Panzer final chapter Mk.4 tanks Oarai girls school shark's Japan
- 2003 JUSTICE LEAGUE Action Figures SET DC Comics 10 Mattel FLASH BATMAN MARTIAN
- DC Comics Multiverse 4-Inch Year One Skin Batman and Solomon Grundy Figure 2-Pac
- GABRIEL LONE RANGER(10 )LOOSE NEAR COMP. MISSING PISTOLS(VERY NICE.MEGO
- Kotobukiya queue Posh Idol Master Miki Hoshii non-scale PVC painted action figur
- YuGiOh bluee-Eyes White Dragon 2015-JPP01 World Championship 2015 Millenium Rare
- bluee Box Wbsafootball Boeing 747-430 (M) Lufthansa -star Alliance D-Abth en
- Hasegawa 1 48 US Army P-38J Lightning Virginia Mary Plastic Model JT1
- IB Logo
- ONE PIECE P.O.P. - Dracule Mihawk - Figure Megahouse POP Deluxe Neo DX
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.