We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
made 800pcs Edition Limited (Clear) Wave Quake Toys Fans USA FT-03C Seller 17540vsze8867-Transformers & Robots
- 1992 GI Joe Battle Corps Crimson Guard Commander
- Dc collectibles greg capullo batman and super villain joker action figures
- G.I. Joe ARAH Snake Eyes Bubble Coming loose 1990
- Kotobukiya Also My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong. Continued Yuigahamacool Japan
- Nendgoldid Hatsune Miku RQ Ver.
- New Transformers Generations Titans Return DOOMSHOT & MEGATRON Triple Changer
- Soldat de plomb 80mm - British officer (king's own) line infantry regiment 1815
- Lot Of Approx 500 MTG Rares, Uncommons, Commons, and Lands Magic Cards
- 1x Alara Reborn Impulsor Caja Nuevo Impulsor Cajas - MTG
- Transformers G1 Powermaster Optimus Prime Complete Needs Clean
- UNBOX DEVILMOLLY Night Light Version Female Devil MOLLY Figure Toy
- LEGO Friends (R) Friends Advent Calendar 41131 Japan
- LEGO Spiderman Daily Bugle Showdown Brand New in Sealed Box - Retired HTF
- Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures Group 100 Piece Puzzle Tin
- Lego Classic Town Fire Set 6385-1 Fire House-I 100% cmplete + instructions
- LEGO City Air Show Plane Set
- JFOX WB747UPS 1 200 BOEING 747-283B(SF) UPS N523UP W STAND LTD EDITION 120 PCS
- 3 X YU-GI-OH ODD-EYES PERSONA DRAGON LIMITED ULTRA RARE MINT JUMP-EN079
- Hobby Master F-4J USN VF-114 Aardvarks NH206 USS Kitty Hawk, Vietnam 1972 HA1945
- 1000toys inc. Esuro 1 12
- CUENTOS DE ZESTIRIA - Mikleo 1 7 Pvc Figura Alter
- Magic the Gathering Fidelity of Ravnica Booster Display (36) italian Wizards
- Jfox Models 1 200 Airbus A320 Iran Luft Ep-Ieg (mit Ständer) Ref Jf-a320-007
- Trumpeter 02289 1 32 Messerschmitt Bf109E-4
- EXOGINI El Greco LOT OF 5 Light Red Maciste T.Piatta Kamikaze T.DiStella Ciclope
- IDOLMASTER CG SHIBUYA WUO PVC FIG new MISB
- MCFARLANE NFL ELITE SERIES 1 ELI MANNING NY GIANTS TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE
- Popy Japan Chogokin BattleFever J Battle Fever Robot Loose
- Preiser 10459, 10660 , 10661, Spur H0 1 87, Reisende am Bahnsteig +Zubehör
- Transformers Autobots Unite Flip & Change Autobot Hot Rod (Saturn Rings)
- LEGO 60097 City Town Square L store Garage Tram Coffee stop Factory Sealed New
- 56342 Dragon Modellino TITAN IIIe con Launch Pad slc-41 NASA NUOVO in scatola
- Neca Prometheus Action Figure 4 American Comic Movie
- Star Wars Original ( 2002 ) Lego Mini Figure Set
- Lego Imperial Star Destroyer 6211 99% Complete with Instructions and Minifigure
- GOMORRAH Ultraman Vintage Soft Vinyl Sofubi Figure Rare Marusan JAPAN F S
- AV200 AV2880FAAP 1 200 CONVAIR 880 US FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION FAA N112
- 1984 Tonka GoBots Wrong Way MOC Brand New Canadian
- Daryl Dixon Vinyl Idolz The Walking Dead AMC bluetig Nycc Comic
- Funko POP Movies BEETLEJUICE FIGURE SET Beetlejuice & Lydia Deetz
- New 1 350 PHOTO ETCHED PARTS HMS 45 type Destroyer (AF co.) PIT-ROAD Japan F S
- AG 1 144 Gundam AGE-FX Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
- AFV CLUB S40 1 35 Interior set for Sturmtiger
- Yugioh Battles of Legend Relentless Revenge Booster Box
- 1 24 VERY RARE Fujimi CRX SI PRO 2 05509
- IB Logo
- Figuarts ZERO Karina ONE PIECE FILM gold (soul web shop only) Japan
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.