We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Cooperstown Orioles-12 Jr.-Baltimore Cal Collection Ripken H S FREE McFarlane 17540whei41147-New toy
- 2007 ULTIMATE SOLDIER 32X GERMAN INFANTRY SERIES VI- SET A & B- MINT IN BLISTER
- DC Comics Superman Caped Fleece Robe
- Gargamel mini Zagoran blueE japan sofubi kaiju bemon toygraph m1go bullmark m1go
- Kotobukiya ZOIDS RZ-007 shield Liger Van specification 1 72 scale plastic kit JP
- NEO Super Figure Revolution Galaxy Express 999 GALAXY EXPRESS 1BOX
- NO GAME NO LIFE - Shiro 1 7 Pvc Figure Kotobukiya
- Sphero Sp001 American Comic Movie
- Signed Weiss black Symphogear G SG W27-082SP SP FOIL Tsubasa Kazanari
- Boeing C-97A Stratofreighter Military Air Transport Service Hobby Master HL4004
- Transformers FIRE GUTS GOD GINRAI Loose Complete Optimus Prime C310E
- Ty Beanie Clubby The Bear IV - Unopened Collector Kit - Rare To Find
- Luxurious Two-Piece Set Kamen Rider 555 Complete Selection Modification
- LEGO STAR WARS REBELS AT-DP AT DP WALKER 75083 NEW SEALED
- Lego 'Duplo Farm Adventures' Set - 10869
- LEGO Nexo Knights Ultimate Clay (70330)
- BRAND NEW LEGO 40283 Snail Monthly Mini Build 2 POLYBAGS
- Eduard Big Ed Définit 1 32 - F-14a - (edbig3235) - Edbig3235 Set 132 F14a Tamiya
- Ultimate Rare - Neo-Spacian Dark Panther - POTD-EN005 NM Power of the
- Yugioh 2002 Red-Eyes B. Dragon - LOB-070 - Ultra Rare NP Gem mint
- Academy 1 72 AH-64D British Army Afghanistan 12537
- DCC Train Control Systems TCS T1P-SH, 2 Function decoder with 8-pin NMRA plug
- Bakugan Doom Card 46 48 with hard sleève
- Lyra Dawnbringer MTG MAGIC DOM Dominaria Eng Ita
- Bravo6 1 35 US Officer & RTO, Vietnam 1968 (2 Figures) B6-35007
- FANTASTIC FOUR ( VHTF ) ( VARIANT ) MARVEL UNIVERSE ( 2010 ) ACTION FIGURES SET
- Infernal Parade Set of 3 Figures New 2004 McFarlane Toys Clive Barker Slaughter
- McFarlane Toys Spawn Lord Mammon EXCLUSIVE VARIANT Action Figure MIB Sealed New
- PRE Inukuma Giant Kaiju Booska Clear Yellow 15.7 Figure Sofubi Vinyl Japan
- Piko Diesellok Soundlok TGK2 IV + PluX22 Dec. 52742
- Tuniques bluees Dromadaires mini statuette metal Decotoys 20009 numerede
- TY BEANIE BABY Mystic the Unicorn W ERROR Iridescent 1993 1994 Rare Misprint Mys
- 41338 LEGO Friends - Stephanie's Sports Arena
- Thomas the Train & Friends Wooden Railway Around the Tree Set NOT WORKING
- Vocaloid 4 Nekomura Iroha Complete Natural Software
- LEGO 6860 BATMAN The BAT CAVE DC UNIVERSE SUPER HEROS SET SEALED nr
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON New Release GIANT FIRE BREATHING TOOTHLESS Hidden World
- HOT WHEELS DC Comics Universe Batman Batmobile Diecast Mattel. Shipping is Free
- 1 30 The Photographer (1pc)
- Cotswold Elite Brigade Roman First Class Warrior Rare Action Figure Used
- FUNKO BOBBLE HEAD POP CULTURE MY LITTLE PONY SPITFIRE FIGURE NEW
- Aoshima 1 700 Water Line Series special seaplane carrier Kimikawa round SD
- 03149 Revell 1 72 Soviet Battle Tank T-72 M1 Model Kit
- Herpa Wings 531108 Icelandair 757-200 '80 Years of Aviation 1 500 Scale Diecast
- AFV Club - AF35S26 - Sd.Kfz.251 1 Ausf.D + Pak 40 Anti 1 35 Scale Military Kit
- NG Model 53050 Boeing 757-224wl Continental Airlines N17126 in 1 400 Scale
- IB Logo
- Cryptozoic Harley Quinn Hot Topic Exclusive Holiday Edition 2018 NEW
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.