We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
hybrid sand Herocross metal trooper wars star new 17540wxea8867-New toy
- 1992 GI Joe Battle Corps Crimson Guard Commander
- Dc collectibles greg capullo batman and super villain joker action figures
- G.I. Joe ARAH Snake Eyes Bubble Coming loose 1990
- Kotobukiya Also My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong. Continued Yuigahamacool Japan
- Nendgoldid Hatsune Miku RQ Ver.
- New Transformers Generations Titans Return DOOMSHOT & MEGATRON Triple Changer
- Soldat de plomb 80mm - British officer (king's own) line infantry regiment 1815
- Lot Of Approx 500 MTG Rares, Uncommons, Commons, and Lands Magic Cards
- 1x Alara Reborn Impulsor Caja Nuevo Impulsor Cajas - MTG
- Transformers FansProject City Commander Ultra Magnus & Add-ons TFX-01 TFX-03 FP
- Medi Com Toy Real Action Heroes Luke Skywalker Star Wars
- LEGO City Garage (7642) NEW
- Osamurai-San Quantity Limited Fan Set
- LEGO Star Wars Desert Skiff (9496) and Geonosian Cannon (9491) NIB FREE SHIPPING
- LEGO Super Heroes Mighty Micros Spider-Man vs. Scorpion 76071 Building Kit
- LEGO Star Wars X Wing Fighter 4502 Parallel import
- Mtg Urza Destiny Damaged Hp Academy Reactor Foil
- IJN Battleship KIRISHIMA 1 350 AOSHIMA with the Detai up parts
- 35-8762, C-FLANGE, Baldor, FRAME 143T, FARM DUTY MOTOR, TEFC,
- 31’’ Giant Spider Man Flaws
- DC Mezco Harley Quinn One 12 Scale Action Figure
- Tamiya 35359 US Medium Tank M4A3E8 Sherman Easy Eight Korean War model kit 1 35
- Trumpeter Models 2829 1 48 C48C Skytrain Transport Aircraft
- 85501 Hobby Boss 152mm Czech DANA Self Propelled Howitzer Static 1 35 Model Kit
- Frame Arms Girl KT-321f GOURAI Series Ver1.2 Figure Japan F S 2019 smiling parts
- Kerberos Panzer Cop Predect Gear REVOLTECH Figure Japan
- MOVIE MANIACS SCREAM GHOST FACE FIGURE Auto Courtney Cox & David Arquette
- Neu Tohsaka Tosaka Rin Bogenschütze Kostüm 1 7 Aniplex Version Limited mit
- Scourge MINT 100% Complete 1986 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers Action Figure
- Trans Formers Micro Changer Sperion 3
- Vintage DELUXE TIGER JOE army TANK & BOX REMOTE CONTROL MOTORIZED toy car
- NEW Lego Scooby Doo Velma Minifig Mystery Mansion Magnifying Glass 75904
- Metron Alien Luminous Soft Vinyl Big One Craft
- Lego Town Patriot Jet (6331) Complete No Box
- Lego Citry Boat, 2 Lego Atlantis ships and a Lord Of The Rings boat
- Faithfull FAIAUTRELAST 4 m Tow Rope Expanding Metal Hook. Best Price
- AMODEL 1 72 Ilyushin il-14p CARRETTA
- Action Force GI Joe Cobra STORM SHADOW v1 Figure Hasbro Vintage 100% 1984
- Dengeki G`s Magazine October 2012 with Sword Art Online Asuna Titania figure
- GI Joe Vintage 1976 Magnum Power Uniform Tagged & Complete Clean Hasbro
- Inkmoth Nexus MTG x4 NM Mirrodin Besieged Rare (4x) Playset
- Trumpeter 1 35 Soviet B-4 M1931 203mm Howitzer NIOB
- CALIBRE WINGS 1 72 CBW72RB02 F-14 S TYPE ROBETECH ANIME SYFI SERIES AIRCRAFT
- 1 PLAYED Metalworker - Artifact Urza's Destiny Mtg Magic Rare 1x x1
- MIN37015 - Miniart 1 35 scale - T-54-3 Medium Tank (Mod. 1951) Model Kit
- IB Logo
- IMC Toys Lola The Dog Animal Plush Toy. Club Petz. Free Delivery
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.